More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Daddylucien Daddylucien

How does she will end naked?

(Part IV) Working in a bookstore

It was about 9:00 AM, the whole place looked empty, painfully empty for her, Vanessa was in her usual place, behind the counter reading Anne of green gables as she waited for someone to enter through that door, it has been already a week and a half since she started working on this bookstore and she still had the count of how many persons she had seen coming inside even to just look around, it was dreadful, demoralizing, what kind of future awaited for her? How could she make a living of writing when no one was buying books?

Aside from her need of money, Vanessa got into this job at a bookstore to learn about how things worked on this side of the business, know about editorial houses, meet writers and readers but instead the only thing she has done is sit down, look at the empty place and read anything she could grasp her hands on to not to die of boredom until a person finally arrives, of course it had it's good side, her boss was a good man, a extremely anxious with an always sick appearance good man, he never pestered Vanessa with anything, anyways there was not a lot to do in a bookstore that doesn't have clients, Vanessa felt pity for him, she knew that if things continued the course they had he was going to end in bankrupt and he was not the man able to recover from something like that.

Anyways she felt quite hopefull today, today a somewhat famous writer was coming to make a reading session and sing copies of new book that he just released, she felt excited about it, this was her chance to finally meet a professional and learn a thing or two about style at writing, also maybe today she'll finally see this place full and make good sales and who knows maybe the reading session of today will give this place the popularity boost it needed to make this place pull off, well that was what her boss told her, maybe it was just a blind hope.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)