More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Before we get into the action: Who ARE you?

'White Hawk'

Your name is Andrew R. Kalevala and you were until recently an unassuming citizen of the city. You came here at the age of 20 along with your newly married wife, 2 years your junior but very mature for her age, to work as front desk clerk for a hotel while Eve L. Kalevala became a maid at the same facility. You both went to class at University of Kansas on your 'days off' and got bachelors degrees in business management, moving on to work running part of a cube farm and a pharmacy respectively. You continued to rise thorough degrees and the corporate hierarchy until the age of 31, when everything changed. Eve's biological clock was starting to tick pretty loud, and she convinced you it was time to have kids before it was too late. You started having unprotected sex for the first time, you smile a bit just at the memory, you would not go back to the condoms and pills for all the cheap plastic crap in china, and about ten months ago got the happy news that the two of you were expecting, fraternal twins, boy and girl.

But then things took an unexpected turn... You were out at your dance lessons one night when there was an explosion in the building next door and the area filled with this weird purple gas, it tasted like ABC bubblegum mixed with car exhaust and had everyone and gagging while you were herded out of the area by the fire department, and taken to the hospital.

Though nothing could be found immediately except conditions similar to smoke inhalation they told you to call if anything went wrong, and mandated regular checkups for Eve to make sure the babies were OK.

A few weeks later the changes started: all the hair on your body went white over a week or two, you started being able to sense dangerous events before they happened, you became nearly invulnerable to mundane damage, you gained the ability to fly by projecting wings of glowing energy from your back, and then lift things with the power of your will alone. Eve developed the power to sense everything around her clearly as if she were paying direct attention to it out to a range of between 5 and 20 yards depending on what was in the way, she could heal with a touch, make things hotter or colder just by looking at them and concentrating, and also was invulnerable to mundane hazards. Of course you registered: but you didn't go into police work or the like, you kept your same jobs and pretended like nothing had changed.

However the government has proven to not be content with that, they are leaning on the two of you to join a Vigilance Comity. Your telekinetic powers and Eve's healing would he a great asset they claim, but you have two infant children at home and don't want to get dragged into risky situations right now...

However fate wont let you live the simple life, something is about to you into hero work...

What are you doing right now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)