More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by keron keron

What do you do next?

You try on the first ring

You laugh to yourself after reading the note. There have been tons of 'magical' objects you have seen come through the auction house. Magic lamps, magic carpets, magic wands. Of course, none possessed any actual magic.

You open the first box and pull out a gold ring with a bright green stone on it. It looks new. You slip the ring onto your right index finger. Surprisingly, it fits perfectly. Remembering the instructions in the note, you touch the stone tentatively, and to your amazement, it starts to glow.

You study the ring, trying to figure out how the stone was emitting the glow. Suddenly, you realize something. It's quiet. Almost too quiet, as though the universe is absent of any sound.

Exiting the vault, you stick your hand in your pocket and go to your father's office. He wouldn't be happy with you if he knew you are playing with the items he asked you to put away. He isn't there. You walk out to the reception area, where Janine is sitting still, facing away from you.

"Hey Janine, have you seen my dad?"

No response.

You approach Janine and tap her on the shoulder, "Janine?"

It's like she's a mannequin.

You walk around the desk and to your astonishment, Janine is frozen in place, staring at her computer screen. You look out the glass door, and a man has stopped mid-stride in front of the store. That's all the confirmation you needed. The ring worked! You pull your right hand out of your pocket and the stone is still glowing. You walk back behind Janine and touch the stone. Instantly, Janine starts typing on the keyboard, and the man outside goes on his way. It really works.

"Yes!" you yell in excitement, startling Janine, who turns around and looks at you quizzically.

You can't be bothered to explain yourself to her, running back into the vault. You need to try on the other rings.

Which ring next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)