More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 25 by thestarwarrior thestarwarrior

Do you let Ceno know about your connections to the Masson family or keep it to yourself.

Tell Ceno as little as possible.

Ceno might already knows about the traitor and he seems to want t help, but you really don't knw abut the man he has become these past few years. You certainly can't risk telling him everything but perhaps you can use him to help you get to the bottom of this. As intelligent as he is, he might have an easier time piecing things together than you, if he has enough information to work with. He has already proven himself to be quite resourceful in uncovering the amazon merchant stealing from your treasury, but it is risky to tell him too much.

“I can't add much more,” you tell Ceno unwilling to reveal your heritage just yet, “But thank you for confirming my fears about a traitor, someone must have slipped those bastards news of my mother's secret surprise.”

Ceno has an intrigued look on his face, “Do you know who it is?”

You take a quick look at the tent flaps needlessly because you really don't, “I don't. If I did this would be a very different conversation.” you say in a hushed voice, “I don't even know how to flush her out.”

You blush lightly when feel Ceno’s gentle hands grasping yours and watch as his caring smile graced his lips. “Xira, if this person is trying to hurt you, I promise I will do everything in my power to keep you safe.” Ceno bites his knuckle as he tries to think, it's his habit since before you met him, and once again you are reminded of a younger Ceno and a less complicated time. You can tell he is straining hard to piece together the events and after a long silence you finally place a hand on his shoulder to pull him out of his trance.

There is a long pause as you once again are lost in Ceno’s handsome eyes. With your heart pounding under your breast you and Ceno slowly close your eyes and draw your lips closer together. You want so much to be with him. If you were anyone else you would have gladly shed your life as an Amazon just so you could be with him, but fate was cruel and had to make your one of the last two rulers of Accor. Again, you were the source of the curse so it was possible that it couldn’t be broken but at the same time, you didn’t know. If anything happened to the bloodline of Aries the Amazons would be no more and Accor was already weak enough as it is.

Just before you kiss you pull back and say in a breathless tone, “I…I-I can't, Ceno.”

Ceno has a disappointed look in his eyes but he reluctantly nods and listens to what you have to say.

As you tell him about the rest of your meeting with the Lord Marshal and how pissed off you were to learn that the mercenary captains you came here to kill have are now your alleged allies. Ceno lightly strokes his chin as he tries to take in every word. “So, the rumors are true. I heard the United Armies was hiring mercenary companies, but I just couldn't believe they'd hire those bastards.”

“What, are you saying that traitor could still be working with them?” you ask. That is not a comforting thought.

“It’s possible,” he replied, “Then again if maybe they were after your mother and you are safe.”

“I'll still kill her.” You grind out, “I don't care who she is and her position in my court, I'll gut her and let the buzzards eat her innards while she thrashes and screams.”

“I know.” You see how your anger is tearing at the young prince and you don't want him to suffer like you've been suffering.

“It's OK, Ceno,” you tell him while gently running your hand up and down his arm. “We'll figure out who she is, I know it.”

Ceno shrugs and looks up at you with his gentle smile, “Sorry if I’m not much help. I guess I can keep an eye on your Sisters, see if I can spot the spy in your ranks; though I doubt that she will come close to my camp. You really need to ease up on the girls only thing.” He wags a finger at you playfully. “That fake merchant would be a lot easier for me to find if I could enter your camp.”

“We’ll have to work something out,” you reply before standing up. “You have been incredibly helpful. I wish I could repay you...” your words trail off into an awkward silence, you know exactly how you'd like to think this friend that you almost forgot you had.

Ceno stood up with you and took your hands in his, “Keeping you safe is payment enough for me Xira.”

You find yourself lost in his handsome blue eyes. As your heart pounds and your breath deepens you once again try to pull your eyes away from him but this time you are having little success. “Ceno,” you say in a soft and breathless tone, “I have to go.”

“Why can't you stay just a little longer?” He asks in the same soft tone.

“You know why,” you reply. Your body trembles and your heartbeat drums faster as Ceno pulls you a little closer to his handsome body.

“I’ve studied your culture inside and out,” he says softly as he places his hand on your upper arms, “You are the curse, it can’t be broken if I make love to you.”

“Y-you can’t…we, I can’t take that risk,” you say as you lightly place your hands on his chest.

Ceno then lowers himself to your ear and whispers, “I not asking you to bear my child. I know how Accorians prefer to wait until after a war to perform their mating rituals. I’m not even asking for a chance to father a child. I have two older brothers and they've already provided Deni with a couple heirs so I'm off the hook that way. I’m just asking you if you feel the same way I do?” He pulls away from your ears and once more looks lovingly into his eyes, “Besides, even if I could break you of the curse it will only break if I impregnate you. Are worried about any political backlash from your sister?” Ceno asks and you wonder what he's heard about you and Kiteri, before you can ask him about it, he takes you firmly in his arms.

“We can keep it secret just as we did in Deni.” His arms tighten possessively. “Xira, I want you, I want you now.”

Do you stop Ceno, or succumb to his desire?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)