More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Cantalope Cantalope

What are you?

Weed-fiend

You are a 3 foot tall dark green plant, sporting a mouthlike flower that you used to shoot darts at passing adventurers. You bear an uncanny resemblance to a dandelion, something you've been repeatedly mocked for. No longer! You would stand up and fight for plant-fiends everywhere!

Of course, the first and largest problem with that statement was that you couldn't move from your current location. You were literally rooted to the spot. You tried unsuccessfully to wriggle free. Bracing your leaves on the ground you give a tremendous push!...nothing. You hear a lively tune growing louder from down the canyon. Well shit.

Frantically throwing yourself back and forth, you only manage to lose a few health points wrinkling your leaves. Ok. Ok. Let's just think this through...what are my abilities?

Weed Fiend
Lvl: 4
Melee Attack: 2
Ranged Attack: 10
Weakness: Fire
Special Abilities:
Plant - heals 2 HP/sec when raining and regenerates 1 MP/sec when in direct sunlight.
Immune to poison

That was completely useless. It's not even raining.

The music heralded the arrival of at least one hero but they rarely travelled alone. Desperately you scan the canyon: something, anything to give you an edge. Aha! You spy a shoddily constructed platform above path of the approaching heroes. Ptew! Ptew! You fire your darts at the rotting support beam, they land with a pleasant THUNK and you hear the creaking of ancient wood. Ptew-Ptew-Ptew! The support caves just as a party of adventurers turns the corner. The hunter immediately raises his bow to shoot you-Oh god, he's using iron arrows-but the mass of wood is plummetting towards him...the healer shrieks a warning!

...Too late! The avalanche of deadwood sends up a billowing dust cloud, flattening all but the timid healer, who turns and sprints away out of sight. HALLELUJA! I'm ALIVE! What you got! What you gooot! Your victory dance is interrupted by a soft Ding and you feel energy pulse through you as your HP is restored. Did you just level up?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)