More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Snowflower Snowflower

Who is going to stay at the Haunted Mansion?

Vivianne Blanchefleur, a goth student, 18 years old

When Vivianne applied for a summer job at the hotel, she didn’t expect to be picked. To her great surprise she was instantly accepted! It seemed that her physique sealed the deal - with 5 feet of height and a slim constitution she was going to fit into all kinds of chests, secret alcoves and other places to spook the hotel guests by making strange sounds or by touching their elbow at the most unexpected moment. The fact that she had small breasts and short hair helped too; her boyish looks would be perfect, if she were to take the role of an Imp in one of the plays in the hotel’s theater.

"Why! Hello, you must be Miss Blanchefleur. May I call you Vivianne? My name is Evangeline Rossetti." The hotel manager was surprisingly young, a good-looking woman in her early thirties. When she saw Vivianne, she put on a wide smile.

"Sure, Miss Rossetti. Vivianne is fine, like totally fine!" blurted the girl. "I mean, friends also call me Viv or even Nimue or the Dark Sorceress... but let's just stick with Vivianne, right?" Now, that was terrible! She started to blush.

"Very well," said the elegant brunette in white dress. "Don't be nervous, you're doing good. In fact, we desperately needed somebody like you; you might say you are heaven sent. Come now, I will show you lodging. Why, look, over there under the stairs. That's the chest of cursed pirate gold. And that little door over there, it leads to the den of the mad, malformed family member. That may very well be one of your spots."

They went over the courtyard with the fountain, "where a mermaid's ghost sighs and wails", as Miss Evangeline so eloquently put. Then they missed the door to the "dark and grim library of forbidden knowledge", and went upstairs where the staff rooms had been situated.

"Here's your new home," said the hotel manager, when they arrived. "I am going to leave you now. Take your time to explore, Viv! Get to know the environment. We won't need anything from you today, as there are not many guests in the hotel yet. Tomorrow, I will tell someone to show you how operate some of the important attractions."

"Okay. Fine. Great!" said Miss Blanchefleur.

"And here's your access card. Don't lose it!"

Vivianne smiled, and suddenly there were dimples in her cheeks. "I will try my best!"

How shall Vivianne spend her first moments in the new place?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)