More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MistWolf MistWolf

Who is going to lose her clothes?

Vanessa Van Helsing (Van Helsing)

Vanessa Van Helsing is the show's titular protagonist, as well as the main character of Season One, Season Two and Season Three on SyFy's Van Helsing. She is portrayed by Kelly Overton.

She is humanity's last hope to lead an offensive to take back what has been lost in a post-Rising world, as her unique blood composition gives her the ability to turn vampires human. As she searches for her daughter Dylan, she must fend off the vampires who see her as a threat to their very existence.

Character Description :

“You'd think spending years in a coma and waking up to learn vampires have taken over the world would be enough to take someone down. Not Vanessa Van Helsing ... it just toughened her up. Determined to find her daughter in a post-apocalyptic world, Vanessa soon realizes she may be humanity's savior, as her blood can turn a vampire back into a human. This, of course, also makes her a target for every vampire out there. No worries, though ... she can take them.”

Biography :

Before The Rising, Vanessa lived in an apartment with her ten year old daughter, Dylan. She was often unemployed and struggled to make money, often resorting to selling her blood just to earn some cash. But when she did work, it was as a bus driver, which made her fairly familiar with the underground route system, this knowledge would later prove to be of use as she uses it to to reach the Hospital without being captured by the vampires. She had a strained relationship with Gary, her ex-husband and Dylan's dad, due to his lack of parenting skills and presence in Dylan's life.

Growing up, Vanessa knew that she was adopted, however, she was unaware of the family in which she was birthed to. It would later be revealed by Dmitri that she comes from the Van Helsing bloodline.

Personality :

Vanessa is tough, brave, and often fearless, especially when it comes to protecting those that she cares about. She is also kind and compassionate enough to help total strangers as well, saving a group of survivors from a couple of ferals and sending them to the hospital for protection and medical care. She shows no fear when facing vampires, and tends to go into an animalistic rage when physically struck.

Abilities :

  1. Vanessa possesses several abilities that Rebecca identifies as vampiric traits, describing Vanessa as "Similar to different. She's like a mirror image, a negative." Vanessa possesses the following abilities:
  2. Rapid cellular regeneration: It allows her to heal from any injury near instantaneously. The first time this healing factor kicked in was when Flesh fed upon her neck; however, she healed from this attack moments later. Another example occurred when she was attacked with a knife by Ted, who cuts her several times and stabs clean through the hand. The wound healed fairly quickly after removing the blade.
  3. Reversion (Vampire-to-Human): Vanessa's bite and blood are capable of reverting vampires back into humans. One of the first displays of this ability transpired After Vanessa bit Doc, she was reverted to human after falling for an unknown amount of time. Meanwhile, consuming her blood caused vampires such as Bob, Balthazar, Flesh and Susan to convulse and puke, eventually resulting in reversion. Susan's reversion seemed to happen within minutes while Flesh's seemed to take longer, as he was dragged through the hospital and thrown down the garbage. It is unknown how long it took Bob and Balthazar to revert, however, the process seems to vary with each individual. Once a vampire has been turned human by Vanessa, they are incapable of ever becoming a vampire again. This was proven to be true when Doc remained human despite being bitten by Magdalene.
  4. Feral Poisoning: Vanessa's blood isn't only a cure, it works as a poison as well. Unlike normal vampires, ferals have a negative reaction to not only her blood but her bite, it kills them almost instantly. The first case of feral poisoning presented itself when she and Axel were attacked in the shipyard while looking for spare parts to fix the basement generator. The feral took a bite out of her which resulted in it's moments later. However the same thing applies to her while a normal vampire bite does not affect her, being bitten by a feral is extremely painful and almost results in her .
  5. Animalistic Ferocity: When under attack, Vanessa has been known to go into animal like state. When she is attacked, backed into a corner or feels threatened in any way, the rage over comes her to the point that she loses control. Judging by her daughter's reaction pre-Rising, Vanessa seemed to get into a lot of fights, indicating that the threat isn't limited to vampires.
  6. Blood Induced Rage: twice when Vanessa has drunk fresh blood she falls into a total berserk stage where her pupils dilate and her normal vampiric traits are boosted. This is probably similar to all vampires but Vanessa does not have the compulsion to bite or drain other humans for their blood.
  7. When she bites her sister she gains an even stronger bloodlust and is capable of bending steel and shattering bone. This also transferred to her sister and infected her with the same abilities as Vanessa.
  8. Combatant: Vanessa is also fairly trained in combat, even before The Rising; whether this naturally came to her or was acquired over time is still unclear. After learning that her friend and neighbor Susan was being abused by her boyfriend, Vanessa intervened. She not only countered Tommy's attack, but slammed his face against the wall, breaking his nose. She can defeat and kill vampires with relative ease, leading some vampires to fear her.
  9. Night Vision: Vanessa has the ability to see in complete darkness.
  10. Enhanced Hearing: Vanessa has the ability to hear things from far away that humans can't hear demonstrated when she heard Axel's heartbeat from far away when he was in his grave.
  11. Enhanced Strength
  12. Enhanced Endurance
  13. Enhanced Agility
  14. Resurrection: Whenever Vanessa dies she goes into a hibernation-like state, where despite her heart stopping, her blood continues to flow and cells continue to function normally. This is demonstrated three times: when she had her throat ripped out, being poisoned by a feral, and getting shot three times.
  15. Drinking human blood gives her new found abilities and heightens the ones she already has, most notably her physical strength. After consuming blood she was able to fight the ancient vampire Rebecca evenly and was able to tear down a solid steel door with her bare hands. Vanessa also states to Mohammad that drinking blood centers her.
  16. Enhanced Smell: Vanessa first showed this ability after drinking Mohammad's blood, she was able to smell her daughter's scent from far away.

Arsenal :

  1. Fireman's axe
  2. 12-gauge shotgun
  3. Tactical Knife
  4. Katana
  5. Tomahawk

Trivia :

  1. In the comic Vanessa has brown eyes in the TV series she has blue eyes.
  2. In It Begins, Dmitri reveals that Vanessa is a member of the Van Helsing lineage and states that her bloodline is 'a kind of royalty.'
  3. It was also hinted that Vanessa's father may have been a vampire; Dmitri said that her mother tried to stop the birth when she found out what Vanessa's father was, out of fear. When she couldn't, she hid the baby from the vampires instead.
  4. Furthermore, drinking human blood appeared to enhance Vanessa's abilities, specifically her physical strength.
  5. In episode 5 it is implied that she has the ability to see in the dark as Susan said she couldn't see anything in the dark but Vanessa said she could see perfectly.
  6. In the season 2 premiere Vanessa willingly drinks Mohamad blood, when asked if she is drinking blood now, she responds she needs it that it keeps her centered.
  7. In season 2 episode 5 Sam tells Vanessa that she smells more vampire than human. If this is so theoretically speaking if Vanessa's father is a vampire she inherited her looks from her mother according to Dmitri, and her blood and abilities from her father.
  8. In season 2 episode 7 Dimitri speaks to both Vanessa and her sister Scarlett about their past and tells them that Vanessa is more vampire than Scarlett.
  9. After Vanessa bit her sister Scarlett to feed off her, she somehow gained the ability to regenerate implied by Scarlett who said before that incident her wounds did not heal.
  10. In the season two final Black Days Vanessa is seen once again lying dead, The Elder bites her on the neck and she is once again resurrected but unlike the last two times, her eyes turn completely crimson red.
  11. It is revealed that Vanessa was born with The First Ones blood along with her sister Scarlett, it is still unknown how the two were conceived and how the blood got inside them though it is hinted by Dimitri that Vanessa has more of "his" blood.
  12. While Vanessa's bite awakened Scarlett's dormant abilities, it seems Vanessa's abilities were always active demonstrated when she was 5 and threw Dr. Harrison away from her and her sister.
  13. In the second episode of the third season Vanessa's eye's turn red when she watches the elder feed, they turn red again when she fights the "energy vampires"
  14. She was told by her great great great granduncle Jacob that she has the same name as her great great great grandmother Vanessa.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vanhelsing-syfy/images/d/d5/Help_Me_1x01_Vanessa_showering.png

Where is Vanessa when she becomes naked and how does it happen?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)