More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Wifelover18485 Wifelover18485

What's next?

Unconsciousness ensues...

An unknown amount of time later you awakened, the ship was on the sea bed. The computer had automatically flooded certain sections of the ship to prevent a complete implosion under the pressure. You activated the ships automatic repair drones and they set to work on the ship, leaving you time to catch up on what happened whilst you were in stasis, you learned from the ships log where you were and figured that though the ship was badly damaged there was little risk of the Ventari searching this far out for them. The ship scanned Earth on arrival in the system and provided some information about the planet, Atmosphere = Breathable, Water/Land Concentrations, Socio-Political information, Nation states, 2 Genders, 7.3 Billion Humans, Wars, Limited to one world and no evidence of significant drives to explore space, Primitive but learning.

As you continued to study the information the short range sensors were repaired and you detected a subsea fiber optic cable within a kilometer of the ship, your ships computer was able to tap into the data and you discovered the internetwork, or as you later learned the "Internet". This enabled a much more detailed and current information gathering operation to take place at the bottom of the ocean, luckily no human vessel would be able to get that deep and find your ship and remote drones your ship would divert out of range. As the studies went on the ship became more operational until a problem occurred, insufficient parts or raw materials to make new parts. One shuttle bay was functional with a single ship in the hangar, the computer had made a shopping list of materials needed to repair the ship, some would be easy to find others may require a trip around the solar system.

You decided to get the off world parts first and then do the riskier part on earth. The trip around the star system took several days to get the required material amounts and ferry it back to the main ship. The next materials would require some materials from earth, some could be obtained without encountering humans but some would need to be acquired directly from the humans as all sources of them are under human control. This presented a problem as he had no money or any tradeable commodities to barter with, their laws prevented him simply hacking the banking system on earth to make him money so he'd need to earn it with a job. He found a small city with plenty of jobs and lots of people, he'd managed to randomise his appearance to blend in.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)