More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by AurelieCatena AurelieCatena

What happens next?

Three months later, a journalist comes aboard

Aurélie checked one last time her bag to make sure she was not forgetting anything. Once on the ship or on the island it would be impossible to come back to take what she had left behind. The young redhead journalist was very excited by this new project. She loved to mix her hobby with her job and this adventure promised to be very fun.

Being a young freelance journalist she was dutifully building up her network and portfolio. She had written a couple of articles about Renaissance fairs and medieval fairs but this would be her first Pirate fair. This was very exciting because this was her favourite settings. As a hobby she often went to such fairs, proudly wearing her Pirate-Queen costume. She had even taken fencing and sailing courses so that she could better play her part.

Her latest article, about a Viking Fair where they had built a long-ship replica without using any modern tool, had just been published and had gathered some fame. Among the correspondence she had received about it was a pointer about a galley named "Princess' burden" and an island that provided pirate settings for the passengers of the ship. She had done a bit of research and had found little information about it. That was perfect! They would surely welcome a journalist willing to write a complete article about it.

It was time to leave. The galley would leave with the tide and would not wait for her.

One hour later she was at the harbour, carrying her heavy sailor bag on a shoulder. She was still wearing her modern clothes, tight jeans, a white short-sleeved shirt and high-heeled sandals, but she was longing to put her pirate-queen costume on. She could see the crew was preparing for the departure. She took a few pictures of the process with her DSLR camera and hurried to the plank.

Nobody was waiting for her. She thought she would have a better chance to embark if she was here in person. She had put some sexy clothes to help her enrollment. She walked up the plank with assurance and looked around for an officer.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)