More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by v9 v9

What story do you want to follow?

The loser who won the lottery

Ed sat in his dingy one room apartment, he had lost his job a year or so ago. He had applied for numerous jobs, with each rejection he set his sights a little lower until he was deemed overqualified for any position. Frustrated at the turn of events he began to drink and gamble, his previously loving wife who had initially supported him until completely disillusioned she ordered him to leave. With no other family the man who once had everything winded up in the cheapest accommodation he could find, unwashed, unkept, uncaring or cared for eating crisps and drinking the cheapest available. His depression led to him becoming overweight and barely leaving his apartment which essentially became a self imposed prison.

He indulged in a weekly habit of playing the lottery, the glimmer of hope the on!y thing keeping him from suicide between rotgut induced blackouts. Eventually, it happened. He won, not just the lottery but the sole winner of a $500,000,000 rollover. He didn't believe it at first and assumed it was some induced hallucination, he checked on it a number of times over three days.
The numbers didn't change, the money was his.

He called a hotline, they sent some employees over to verify the number and ticket. Ed stood in his unclean apartment shaking as a woman accompanied by two well dressed and very large men confirmed he'd won the lottery and was now $500m richer.
Ed hadn't been able to afford his phone bill so had to borrow one from the woman, Michelle, to phone his wife, when she heard his voice she hung up before he could tell her.

Michelle couldn't hide her disgust for him as she informed Ed that since the ticket had been confirmed as genuine the lottery company would advance him the money for a hotel and new clothes. She emphasized the need for new clothes and a proper wash.

Overwhelmed, unused to making decisions Ed went with the flow, he changed into a badly worn suit which no longer fitted him, Michelle accompanied him with the two large men in a stretch limo. During the journey Michelle explained what would be happening over the next few days, he replied with awkward advances towards her which were met with firm refusal and smug silent mockery from the men. Michelle talked their way past the doorman who had taken one look at Ed and refused entry assuming he was a homeless guy trying to follow guests inside. The receptionist at the hotel sneered at him when they entered the 5* hotel, the other patrons stared at him as he awkwardly appeared out of place. When Michelle explained who he was and how rich he was the receptionists attitude turned from being one where she wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire to she would quite happily indulge in water sports with him anytime and anywhere.

The receptionist took Ed to his room personally which Michelle and the men accompanying them, Ed nearly cried as the luxurious surroundings as the receptionist showed him around. The receptionist lingered longer than needed but soon explained things about the room and hotel.

Michelle explained a few more things about expenses and reminded him he'd soon have to tell them whether he'd let his win become public or not. She and the two men left him to absorb his change in fortune. Within a couple of hours Ed had gone from being alone in a tiny apartment to being alone in the penthouse suite of a 5* hotel which was at least twice as big as his apartment had been. The only question was, what next?

What does the new multimillionaire do first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)