More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Uther Uther

Who might be interested in strange energies and vanishing adventurers?

Sylvanas Windrunner

It had been months now, that the first careless adventurers had been victimized by the new thread inside the humid depth of the Swamp of Sorrows. Rumors crept across the taverns of the Eastern Kingdoms. Drunken breath whispered about the wrath of the Loa, who lured the foolish deep into their rotten tombs and feed on their fears. They spoke of disfigured creatures and mindless moans that echoed out of defiled shallows.

All of this had been nothing special on Azeroth. A world that had been haunted by at least 5 alien invasions in the last three decades and a history of countless more. A history filled with empires who rose and fall on the ruins of others long before. A world in which as many stories of untold horrors were based on facts as on the clouded minds of unlucky adventurers. A world in which the undead does not even exist but "lived" in their own kingdom.

Lordaeron the northern one in the Eastern Kingdoms. Her Kingdom.

The elegant shadow that was gliding through the dense undergrowth like a cold breeze had many titles these days. Warchief, The Dark Lady of Lordaeron, Mistress of the Forsaken, Sylvanas the Banshee Queen. Her body reborn out of her own ashes as the incarnation of deadly grace and deceitful perfection. Her senses sharpened in countless years of prowling through the woods or seeking for treachery in her own ranks. She was the ultimate predator on the track of her careless sibling.

As she heard first of the restrengthened rumors about the Horrors in the Swamp of Sorrows, Sylvanas could not care less. Since a few months, she was the Warchief of the Horde, Mistress over about half a dozen species and the half of the known world. A world that was slowly recovering from the latest Invasion of the Burning Legion, that was literally suffering beneath the final onslaught of the Dark God Sargeras. There were far more important things to acknowledge then a few dead Troll spirits in a flooded temple ruin. She did not give a damn about them.

Unless this one evening as Nathanos Blightcaller her most respected servant told her about her sister. Vereesa. Once the light of her life. She who was perhaps the only person who managed to put a smile on Sylvanas face since she had been ripped out of her life. Vereesa... who had gone lost in the Swamp of Sorrows about 3 weeks ago.

Will she find her or does the predator becomes the prey of an unknown thread?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)