More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MistWolf MistWolf

Who is going to lose her clothes?

Sameen Shaw (Person Of Interest)

“ Well, she certainly makes an impression. ”

— Reese.

Sameen Shaw, also known as Indigo Five Alpha, Dr. Sameen Shaw or simply Shaw, is a physician and a former operative for the U.S. Army Intelligence Support Activity. Prior to joining the team, Shaw was part of an operation known as Catalyst Indigo, responsible for acting on relevant list intelligence delivered by the Machine, which she knew only as "Research".

Skills and Talents :

  1. Marksmanship: Shaw is a highly skilled marksman with a range of firearms, including handguns and sniper rifles. As a member of the team, Shaw routinely uses a sniper rifle to lend support. She once used a sniper rifle to shoot a man in the dark, in the arm (so as to incapacitate, but not kill him), through a brick wall (“Liberty”). Unlike Reese, who utilizes the C.A.R. System shooting technique (Center Axis Re-lock) as a foundation upon which other shooting skills were built, Shaw is much more traditional in technique, stance, and so forth, likely an intentional difference to show her more "traditional" military history (U.S. Marine Corps for Shaw and U.S. Army for Reese, including Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, Sniper, Special Forces Soldier ("Green Beret"), and 1st SFOD-D Operator.) She was able to shoot at the President of the United States, but purposefully fire near-misses to keep him from falling into a trap. (“Synecdoche”)
  2. Hand-to-hand combat: Shaw is skilled in close quarters combat, holding her own against opponents physically larger than herself with little trouble. She, like Reese, exhibits an extremely high proficiency with numerous hand to hand combat styles, in particular, Krav Maga.
  3. High tolerance for pain: Shaw has a high tolerance for pain. When Root threatened her with , Shaw simply replied that she "enjoyed this sort of thing." She has shown an ability to withstand pain enough to perform medical procedures on herself, such as a blood transfusion or removing a bullet.
  4. Intelligence training: Shaw was a member of ISA. She is trained in surveillance, information-gathering (passive, active, and "") and counter-intelligence techniques. She has also received training in interrogation techniques and shows a near inhuman resistance to physical, mental, and emotional herself (her SERE instructor must have loved her). Along with being able to plan assassinations, Shaw is also capable of using her knowledge to prevent one.
  5. Medical training: Shaw is a medical doctor, and described by her colleagues during her residency as "technically brilliant" and having a "brilliant mind". She is noted to have gone to truly heroic measures in an attempt to save a patient though she ultimately failed. Her personality disorder and quoted lack of "feeling" became an obstacle to her continuing a career in medicine, according to her flashback in “The Devil's Share”.
  6. Personal Weapons: Shaw uses a variety of handguns, but primarily relies on an H&K USP Compact in .45ACP with a laser aiming module (Season 2). Her secondary backup weapon is a Beretta Nano chambered in 9mm, also sporting a laser aiming module (her primary weapon in Season 3). She does, however, keep a large armory of long guns in her apartment, with much of her arsenal stored in a refrigerator.

Notes :

  1. Shaw has a tattoo on the inside of her right forearm which can be seen clearly in “Relevance”, “Razgovor”, “Reassortment”, and “6,741”. It appears to be a Rod of Asclepius with the letters "U.S.M.C." across the top, presumably standing for US Marine Corps. Her tattoo very closely resembles the one her father had on his forearm in Shaw's flashback in “Razgovor” -- it may be the same tattoo. In “Nothing to Hide” and “Reasonable Doubt” the tattoo is missing, but it could have been covered up by makeup to maintain her cover identities in each episode.
  2. Shaw has a self-diagnosed (and unspecified) Axis II Personality Disorder, which is a very notable part of her character. The development of the way the audience perceives both her ability to emote and the nature of the way in which she feels things is a major part of her character arc, insofar that it's not exactly character development at all, but rather the development of the audience's understanding of her character. We see her character explicitly refer to her personality disorder six times in the series--in all of these instances, it is paired with Shaw having experienced (or the show referring to a time when she experienced) intense emotion: her talk with the thugs after Cole's in “Relevance”, her explanation to Gen after we learn of Shaw's father's in “Razgovor” via a flashback (in addition to her seemingly uncharacteristic concern for Gen throughout the episode), a flashback to her time in her medical residency in “The Devil's Share” in the aftermath of Carter's , the Machine's simulation in “If-Then-Else” where she discusses her feelings for Root, in the hotel room with Charlie in “Synecdoche” after Root's in “The Day the World Went Away”, and where she first attempts to, then succeeds in saying goodbye to Root in “return 0”. In “Synecdoche”, both Reese and Fusco acknowledge and discuss her grief many times throughout the episode. More specifically, Shaw's speech to Charlie in the hotel room is very telling in that it closely resembles--and perhaps is a callback to--both what she says to the thugs in “Relevance” and her talk with Gen in “Razgovor”, and seems to suggest for the first time that Shaw has some resentment towards herself (or her personality disorder specifically) because of the fact that she cannot "feel things" like the majority of the population: "What I do feel is anger. ...most of all, I'm angry that you have people that you can love. And you chose to sign their warrants". This is confirmed by the Machine in “return 0”: "You always thought there was something wrong with you because you don't feel things the way other people do. But [Root] always felt that was what made you beautiful".
  3. In “Relevance” Shaw is shown to have a version of Finch's pairing program while tracking a target. It is unknown where she got it but the program is noticeably different from the one Finch uses. Starting in “Nothing to Hide” Shaw uses Finch's program.
  4. Shaw speaks/is conversant in German (“Relevance”), Farsi (“6,741”), and Spanish (“Sotto Voce”)
  5. She has mentioned that she prefers potassium chloride to chloroform when it comes to and anesthetics , because it acts quicker, leaves no trace in post-mortem toxicology, and doesn't have a strong odor (unlike chloroform or sodium pentothal) (“Allegiance”).
  6. Shaw has a preference for hard liquor, passing on the champagne and taking vodka instead when undercover with Joss and Zoe in a club (“Lady Killer”). She's also seen using liquor, usually whiskey, as both a drink and a sterilizing agent on many occasions, often expressing her satisfaction with the fact that Finch buys "top shelf" (“Allegiance”).
  7. In “return 0”, the Machine passes on Root's thoughts on Shaw to her, telling Shaw that if she was a shape, Root believed her to be a straight line--an arrow. After the Machine shares this, Shaw is seen wiping a tear away, which is monumental for her character. Shortly after, she is able to say goodbye to Root through the Machine. The Machine also tells Shaw that it chose her for exactly who she is.
  8. When confronting Jeffrey Blackwell, Shaw tells him she has changed, as there was a point in her life where she would have killed him without hesitation. She notes that the Team taught her the value of human life.
  9. During her last meeting with Fusco, (“return 0”) the two have a similar exchange to that of her and Michael Cole after she killed Bekhti. (“Relevance”)
  10. Shaw has the final kill of the series when she shoots Jeffrey Blackwell in for Root's . (“return 0”)

Notable victims

  1. Three Chinese buyers - Shot under orders from Special Counsel; two killed, one escaped. (“RAM”)
  2. Rick Dillinger - Shot in the chest as he met with three Chinese buyers, executed with two shots to the heart. (“RAM”)
  3. Unknown number of people assassinated under orders from the ISA and Special Counsel.
  4. Daniel Aquino - Murdered under the assumption he was a terrorist. (“Relevance”)
  5. Four of Bekhti's men - Two shot to stop from warning Bekhti, two more killed in explosion Shaw set. (“Relevance”)
  6. Bekhit - Shot through a wall. (“Relevance”)
  7. Several ISA assassins - Shot in self-defense while being hunted. (“Relevance”)
  8. Three dealers - Shot in self-defense. (“Relevance”)
  9. Wilson - Shot in the heart and head in for Michael Cole. (“Relevance”)
  10. Two unnamed gangsters - Shot with Reese to rescue the Kidnapped Man. (“God Mode”)
  11. Root - Shot in the arm to save Harold Finch. (“God Mode”) Threatened with a knife and later punched . (“Mors Praematura”) Threatened to kill while fearing she was still in a Samaritan simulation. (“Sotto Voce”)
  12. Four mob hitmen - Shot to protect Don. (“Liberty”)
  13. Three Russian enforcers - Shot non-fatally with a sniper rifle to protect Reese and Jack Salazar, one consequently fell out of a window to his . (“Liberty”)
  14. Kip Davis' hitman - Shot non-fatally with a sniper rifle to protect Ian Murphy. (“Lady Killer”)
  15. Two organ thieves - One shot in the knee the other several times in the chest. (“Razgovor”)
  16. Two of Genrika Zhirova's kidnappers - One shot in self-defense a second clubbed with a tire iron. (“Razgovor”)
  17. Vadim Loginov - Interrogated for information on Genrika Zhirova and then beaten for his actions. (“Razgovor”)
  18. Two of Peter Yogorov's bodyguards - Sedated with stolen from an ambulance. (“Razgovor”)
  19. Peter Yogorov - Kidnapped, interrogated and to give a blood transfusion. (“Razgovor”)
  20. lab guards - Shot rescuing Genrika Zhirova. (“Razgovor”)
  21. Medical supply van driver - Knocked out while stealing his van. (“Mors Praematura”)
  22. Several BKT members - Subdued to protect Reese and Carter. (“The Crossing”)
  23. Lin - Shot dead to save Lee Fusco. (“The Crossing”)
  24. Foster - Knocked to the ground and threatened with to learn about Owen Matthews. (“4C”)
  25. Hersh - with scopolamine to learn why the ISA is interested in Owen Matthews. (“4C”)
  26. Kelli Lin - Held at gunpoint then briefly taken captive. (“Provenance”)
  27. Cyril - Shot in both legs to protect Kelli Lin. (“Provenance”)
  28. Solano - Tortured for information on Aaron Hollander's location. (“Last Call”)
  29. Two Templarios - Shot rescuing Aaron Hollander. (“Last Call”)
  30. Four French Legionaries - Chloroformed one, shot two, hit one with a smoke grenade. (“Allegiance”)
  31. Briggs - Punched and then injected with a sedative to escape. (“Reassortment”)
  32. Two prisoners - Knocked out with blows from an ax handle. (“Reassortment”)
  33. Multiple Johannesburg prison guards - Knocked out with the butt of an ax while escaping. (“Reassortment”)
  34. Jeremy Lambert - Shot in the chest while escaping from John Greer's custody. (“Reassortment”)
  35. Matthew Stone - Shot for being a Samaritan agent. (“Sotto Voce”)
  36. The President of the United States - Fired upon to prevent from reaching a trapped SUV; purposefully missed. (“Synecdoche”)
  37. SWAT team - Overpowered with Reese to escape; shot one non-fatally. (“Synecdoche”)
  38. Jeffrey Blackwell - Shot twice in for murdering Root. (“return 0”)
  39. Several unnamed HR cops.
  40. Multiple unnamed Vigilance operatives.
  41. Multiple unnamed Decima Technologies operatives.
  42. Multiple unnamed Samaritan operatives.

Where is Sameen when she becomes naked and how does it happen?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)