More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CreativeBuilder CreativeBuilder

Who do we see?

Richard, 20 Years Old

EDIT: 8/17/2019 I will no longer keep up this story line as I read through it and didn't care for how I was progressing the story and felt it was very amateur. You may read this for historical purposes

Richard walks into the store, a small shop that he frequents quite often to see if there are any good deals. He notices something that he hasn't before in the corner of the shop, behind a small Buddha statue was something emanating a green glow. It was a strange feeling, almost like that object was calling for Richard. Moving aside the Buddha statue, careful not to break it, he found what appeared to be an old black ring. The black was darker than dark, almost as if it adsorbed the light around it. As Richard picks up the ring, the green light pulses from behind roman numerals wrapping the ring. Growing faster and brighter with each second. He takes the ring and puts it onto his ring finger finding that it fits perfectly.

Once the ring settles on Richard's finger the light suddenly stops as a pulse of energy shoots up from his arm making his whole body feel tingly and warm.

"What the fuck", Richard says under his breath, still shaking off the new-found energy that just violated him.

"Hey Richard! you gonna pay for that or what? You've been sitting there like a dunce for 20 minutes!", Kris replied from behind the counter after dealing with some other customers.

Richard and Kris were familiar with each other as Richard had became quite a notable customer as-of late.

'What is he talking about, I only just got here like a minute ago, if that.' , Richard thinks to himself. Looking down at his watch however shows that Kris was correct, it has indeed been 20 minutes since he walked into the store. "Uh, yeah. How much for this ring?"

"That old thing, I'd say $40"

"No way, that's way too much, maybe for a brand-new ring. Certainly not for, like you said, an 'old thing'. I'll do $10."

"I have to make some money, how about $20"

"You got yourself a deal", Richard says, taking out his wallet and handing Kris a twenty dollar bill.

Richard, trying to act like nothing out of the ordinary just happened moments ago. Take's the receipt and walks out the door.

Where does Richard go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)