More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MistWolf MistWolf

Who is going to lose her clothes?

Ramona Flowers (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World)

I guess that's my problem - I'm always trying to beat the clock, outrun the universe... Like nothing can change me, as long as I change first.

— Ramona.

Ramona Victoria "Rammy" Flowers is an American expatriate who lived in New York and now works as a "Ninja delivery girl" for Amazon.ca in Canada. She is 24 years old and Scott's main love interest. She reveals very little and is very guarded about her past in New York before she moved to Toronto. She is capable of traveling through Subspace and has seven evil exes who challenge Scott for her affection. When fighting, she typically uses an over sized mallet as her weapon, which she can retrieve from her purse through the use of subspace. She changes her hairstyle frequently and becomes anxious when Gideon is mentioned or brought up. Due to her power over Subspace travel thanks to the Glow, her head begins to glow when she is upset or jealous, though she herself is unaware of this until Kim Pine brings attention to it in Volume 5. Ramona now owns Scott's old sword, the "Power of Love".

Ramona is played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead in the film Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Shortly before filming began, Winstead received a list of ten secret facts about Ramona's past. When asked what those facts are, she responded, "I honestly don't know if they are things that Bryan would want out there, so I'll keep them quiet. But things about her family she's kind of a tragic figure in a way. She's been through a lot, and that's why she's so guarded and mysterious." Winstead has since revealed at least one of the secrets, one that she considered very insightful for her character: Ramona’s younger brother died when she was younger, and she wears one of his shoelaces around her neck in memory of him. However, Bryan Lee O'Malley has since denied this being canon, saying "I did not write ten things. I just sent a bunch of notes to Edgar Wright and Michael Bacall. Bacall created the ten things based on the notes. Lots of the things were jokes. It was just for fun... that particular "secret" isn't "canon" because I never used it in the book."

Powers and abilities :

Ramona has enhanced strength, enough strength to snap a metal pole to use as a weapon and enough strength to lift her Large Hammer. She is also strong enough to live after Gideon stabs her in the back. Although she is also very agile as she can run on walls, but not as agile as Knives.

But her most used power in the series is the use of the Subspace Highway and she is the only known person in Canada who has mastered it. She also uses subspace for her Subspace Suitcase which houses her clothes, accessories, weapons, etc. With her Glow, she can disappear into Subspace.

She is also a good roller skater and is even able to skate on and through the snow.

Personality and traits :

Ramona presents a tough, independent exterior and behaves like a free-spirit (as evidenced by her constant dyeing of her hair). She does not hesitate to impose her views on Scott (such as criticizing the apartment he and Wallace live in) and can be quite bossy at times (such as telling Scott to get a job so that she doesn't have to travel through his lame dreams when she's at work). She also maintains a "mysterious" aura, telling Scott very little about herself at least initially, while simultaneously striving to learn as much as possible about Scott's past relationships nearly to the point of being intrusive. She is also rather humorous and sarcastic.

However, Ramona's "mysterious" nature and tough exterior are really just cover for her own insecurities. At the heart of things, Ramona is a runner. She fears commitment - or as she puts it: 'Getting stuck' - which is why she's had so many failed relationships. Like Scott, Ramona is afraid to face her past. Whereas Scott suppresses his memories of the past, Ramona literally runs from it. Deep down, Ramona is unhappy with the kind of person she is, but doesn't think she can change.

At the end of the series, Ramona is still uncertain if she can change, but - with Scott's encouragement - she is willing to try.

How does Ramona end up naked ?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)