More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ATerriblePerson ATerriblePerson

What are you?

Poltergeist

You were getting sick of this dumb room. If things were just a bit different, maybe you would be okay with it. Just looking at this big fancy ballroom you could easily imagine all kinds of nobels and debutantes dancing and having a good time. That's the kind of place you would have loved to haunt. Instead, you're stuck in the ballroom of an old decrepit mansion that served little more purpose than to be a tutorial area near the starter town.

Poltergeist
Lvl: 1
Melee Attack: n/a
Ranged Attack: n/a
Strengths and Weaknesses: n/a
Special Abilities:
Lesser Possesion - Able to possess some inanimate objects. The object posessed determines your stats.
Incorporeal - Invisible and intangible. Cannot attack or be attacked when not possessing something. You take damage when the object you are possessing takes damage.

It would be easy enough to just ignore all the exploring newbie heroes and let them go on to fight the boss of the area. You had actually even tried that once or twice, but it hadn't been any more satisfying than losing. It wasn't going to be that simple. You had to win. Actually you weren't even sure if that would help but it was better than doing things you already knew didn't work.

There wasn't a hero in the room at the moment, so you took some time to go over all of your options of things you knew you could posess in the room:

Chairs: Average attack, defense, and speed. Were set up along the left side of the room and easily seen, so never really get the element of surprise.
Piano: Big and bulky, great defense, but so hard to move you had never hit anybody with it. Sits in the back right of the room. Great for spooking the skittish new heroes at night though.
Books: A few were set off to the side of the room near the chairs. They were fast, but had bad attack and defense. These and chairs were your staple methods of attack.
Chandelier: Suspended over the center of the room, really heavy, moving while posessing it is too difficult and you haven't done anything with it.
Grandfather Clock: Mounted to center of the back wall, can't get it to attack. Another decent way to spook people, or at least confuse them about what time it is.
Paintings: Decent attack with bad defense. Possessing it means you can only see from the eyes of the people in the paintings though, which is annoying.

The walls, windows, ceiling and floors were unable to be posessed, so you had to do something without them. You knew you had to think of something smart though, simply ramming people with the various objects in the room had never worked.

What is your plan?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)