More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by I------------------------------------------------l I------------------------------------------------l

Write the scenario title and start your story then!

Pokemon Trainer Lillie vs Champion Sun

**<--- Chapter 1 - Sundown --->- - - - - -

**

Once upon a time, there was one legendary trainer in the Alola region, a young man who started from zero with his Pokemon team. It was a tale of exploring the islands and doing its challenge, getting through each trial successfully, challenging the captains and the most important fact of all; Getting to know his Pokemon and having a strong bond with them.

Soon enough, the fame of that man named simply Sun reached everyone when he fought with the team skull and even assaulted their base, when he began to deal with crazy ultra wormholes and the beast and creatures that came out of it... It didn't take too long before that legendary trainer would become the first and indisputable champion of the islands once the Pokemon League was finished.

Many were those who had their hopes high after defeating the Elite Four but found themselves totally crushed by the champion, he had mostly a group of dragon-type Pokemon, the strongest of all. And the sixth one of his team was none other than the legendary Pokemon of the region, Solgaleo, the steel type was quite handy for dealing with the fairy type that could cause the champion troubles.

During Sun's adventure, he met with a kind-hearted girl that traveled with him. Lillie was the name, a quite supportive and sweet girl who had some serious issues with a Pokemon that she couldn't handle because she simply wasn't a trainer... The time passed and that girl finally got enough resolution to change her own destiny.

Lillie was fated to become a good Pokemon trainer, after all not only she traveled with the current champion but she also had a special connection with the Pokemon, it was her motivation to become a trainer. When Lillie knew that the person she admired the most became the champion she knew that one day she'd have to try and challenge him, she had to do her best. And so she did...

...

.......

It was a boring and classical day for the Champion Sun, as usual, the Elite Four and him were chilling down and talking to each other for a while before they were advised that there was a challenger, it was the moment that the Champion of the dragon team went back to his room. Of course, in most of the cases the challengers didn't get past the Elite Four so he could simply stay there, dozing and waiting for someone to arrive.

His surprise was an odd, awkward and kind of emotional one when he saw that someone indeed approached the room, but it was none other than... Lillie?! She was a nice girl that shared really beautiful moments with him, and he kind of liked her on top of that. But Sun definitely couldn't have believed that she'd reach so far.

"L-lillie?... This is the Pokemon League, could it be that... You are here for taking the spot of Island Champion?" The man asked, a bit nervous and definitely not knowing if this was a joke or simply his companion evolved to the point where he'd have to have a fight with her.

The blonde nodded and smiled. "I know it! And that's why I'm here, my team and me have went through a lot, Sun... We visited different regions, trained a lot and shared good moments. Thinking in the day that I could talk to you, from trainer to trainer gave me enough forces... And here I am now! Ready to challenge you for the title" She grinned, a certain mysterious aura of self-confidence enveloped her, something that she lacked a lot for most of her travel with Sun.

"Hehe... I see, to think that from all the people I met you would be the one challenging me... T-this feels a bit awkward, I must admit..." The champion said and he grabbed a Pokeball shown to his friend, it was the legendary Pokemon, Solgaleo.

"Solgaleo... No, or should we say, Nebby... I think it'd be better if I'd not use his power for this battle. What do you think?" Sun said, he felt a bit conflicted about using one of his best Pokemon against Lillie, was he really underestimating her? Or he simply didn't want to use a Pokemon that should be, in fact, part of Lillie's team?

The blonde shook her head in negation and she even pouted a little, Sun liked to annoy her during the adventure a few times and that was something that she also liked and disliked of him. "Pft, even Acerola-chan took this more seriously... Are you already underestimating me?"

"Eh?... W-well, Nebby should be technically your Pokemon now that I think about it... So it wouldn't be fair if I use it against you." The champion chuckled and scratched a little his head, uneasily.

But Lillie didn't train and went through a lot in vain, she didn't mind about losing or winning after all, all she wanted was to enjoy her first serious battle against her friend. It had to be a battle where both would do their best, she could not accept Sun's proposal.

"No no.. " She shook her head in negation. "I could not accept Nebby in my team if I don't even show him that I'm reliable and strong now, that me and my team are in harmony and can fight as one."

Those wise and highly determined words flustered Sun a little. "My... You are truly talking like a trainer... But now that you are one I really want to give you Nebby back. What if we make some deal? If I win the battle I'll give him to you, after all, I know that he's already willing to go back with you."

As often, Sun's comments a pouting expression on Lillie. "Couldn't you really plan something better in case you win? Because I have the feeling that you'll give me Nebby back even if I win..."

"Haha~ Well, that's if you win." Sun winked and teased the girl a little more.

Lillie knew that she had a great advantage for this battle and it was mostly her Pokemon type, all of them were fairy and the champion's were known for being fiery dragons. She pouted a little again when she saw how he kind of mocked her again.

"Ok, you silly, let's start already" She said and then prepared herself for a Pokemon combat.

« She didn't even choose what happens if she wins the bet... Well, not like it'll be needed. » Sun thought, already underestimating her a little.

And so, the Pokemon combat started and Sun soon noticed that either his friend had a team made to fight him, or it was simply because she liked the fairy type. However, the match was more or less even and slightly bending towards the champion. It was mostly because even if he had a type disadvantage his Pokemon were higher level and had a good synchrony with him.

When the battle was reaching an end, Sun had two Pokemon left and Lillie only one. The rather fresh trainer was not that nervous that she was losing or anything, she had trust in her last Pokemon, a well-known dragon slayer, her highest-leveled one; Sylveon.

When Sylveon entered combat the Champion knew that it'd be a difficult battle, mostly because it was the highest level that her adversary got, and not exactly an easy Pokemon to take down with dragons. He felt slightly nervous about it but it was in these dire moments that he knew he and his team would do the best.

Even though both the champion and the challenger did their best, one thing was clear, that Sylveon was crazy! It had a certain glint on her eyes, as if she'd know very well her task as a dragon hunter and she'd be enjoying the battle as nobody else could.

Just a few minutes afterward, Sun found himself sighing a little and smiling wryly. « To imagine that I'd ever lose against Lillie, geez... »

"That... Was an unexpected great match, congratulations, new champion! You and your Sylveon did it really awesome at the end of the battle, hahaha~" Sun felt a bit embarrassed by such a defeat but he had to at least cheer Lillie a little in the matter.

She on the other part felt as if all the training and long path she went through with her team finally had some sense. Lillie hurried to hug her Sylveon and pet her head a little. "We won, we won! Hehehe~"

However, after Lillie finished to praise her last Pokemon and hug her, the blonde trainer slowly got up and looked at Sun, there was an awkward silence, she didn't know what else to say to the person that she admired other than he deserved to lose for underestimating her a bit.

« If I had used Nebby, that Sylveon would have not been an issue... » Sun was lost in his own thoughts for a moment, analyzing how the combat went and that in part, he lost the battle by deciding to exclude a vital key to his team such a legendary Pokemon that could easily deal with fairies was.

"That means I won the bet! Hehe~ You kind of deserved it" Lillie slightly smirked and put the hands on her hips. However, then there arrived a moment of confusion for both of them... She actually didn't choose what to do once she won!

"Oh... T-that reminds me I didn't choose what to pick for winning!" She suddenly put her hands on both sides of her head noticing that failure. « I was so eager to start the combat that completely forgot, uhm... »

"Haha~ Well, anything will be just fine, I don't mind if you choose it now, you deserve it." Sun nodded.


<- Some writer's notes and trivia ->

  • I actually began to write this story like four months ago! Took a big delay because got slightly discouraged to continue it and a bit in a block...
  • Fun enough I always wanted to write a few pokemon stories and all of them always got cancelled... Among those there was one with Acerola as a focus, and even one in first person where a certain female Team Skull grunt would have a lot of bad luck and end at some girl's feet.
  • Originally the first chapter was meant to be a bit longer and include the bet. I asked some people in Discord about possible options that I had in mind and which one they liked most, but they were not that interested so I decided to simply add a poll for it~
  • Started to write it at the same moment that I was playing UltraSun edition, that's why the punny title of "Ultra trainer". I always liked the idea of Lillie finally becoming a pokemon trainer, a thing that didn't happen in the first version of the game, but actually happened in Ultra.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)