More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Shandy Shandy

Who are you?

Pedro Calvera 28, maintenance and custodial worker. And a little more than that.

You drive your battered pick up onto the manicured grounds of Pink Rose Academy, looking at the impressive stonework of the main building and seeing the evidence of wealth and privilege everywhere. Quite a place for an assignment, you smile as you follow the directions you were given around the back of the main building to a parking lot.

You spot a sign pointing to "Deliveries and Custodial Office" and park your truck nearby before stepping out and heading towards a utilitarian building that almost looks out of place amid so much grandeur. Your mind drifts back to the interview when you were given this assignment.

Your boss had called you into his office early in the week, and you had answered the summons to find him meeting with an affluent looking couple in their mid-forties, who turned to look at you with curiosity as you entered.

"This is Pedro Calvera," he introduced you. "One of my top operatives, and a man well suited to the job. Pedro, this is Theo and Carole Longmire. They've come to us for help with a problem involving their daughter Tamara." You shake hands and take a seat, wondering what this is about. The woman looks at you with speculation, while the man looks somewhat doubtful.

"Are you sure, Mr. Allan? This is a job that requires considerable discretion."

"Which is exactly why Pedro is perfect," your boss answers equably. "As you've told me the maintenance and custodial staff is largely Hispanic and black, so he'll blend in well. I can assure you when I said that he's one of my top operatives I said no more than the truth. He comes to us from a career as an investigator in the Military Police, and since he's been with us he's been instrumental in bringing several cases to a successful conclusion. I think you need not worry that he's capable of any assignment he's given."

You smile placidly, looking at the couple and noting their evident wealth and sense of entitlement. The woman is wearing a Gucci dress and what look like Prada shoes, while the man is dressed in casual clothes that you estimate didn't cost less than fifteen hundred dollars. Whatever this case was about, there was money in it, you thought, sitting back and waiting to be told what the job was.

"The Longmire's daughter attends a private residential school for girls called the Pink Rose Academy," your boss tells you. "It's a two year school, intended to prepare young ladies for college or for their station in life. It offers associate degrees, but making no reflection on the students attending, academic qualifications are not the highest priority." You nod understanding as he pauses.

"Tamara Longmire was enrolled there last year. She was to all intents and purposes a typical young woman of her position. That is to say, she was somewhat spoiled and arrogant, but with no particular vices or untoward quirks." He glances at the couple as though expecting a protest, then continues when he gets none.

"Last year something happened at the school. Four teachers were fired or resigned, and a few students were expelled. One student was killed in what is officially an accident. While the broad information about this was communicated to the parents, the details were not. The Board of Regents of the school has made several policy changes, the most notable being to add male teachers to the faculty, for the first time in the school's history. All of this is background, and it will be in your briefing notes. The Longmire's are seeking our help because they believe that whatever happened may have involved their daughter and may continue to be a, shall we say concern."

"Tamara came home from school changed," her father interjects, looking at you. "She's always been a good girl. A little wilful maybe, but a good girl. But when she came home last year she was different. Sneaky. She lied a lot, which she hadn't done before. And..." he breaks off, looking at his wife for support.

"She's become very aggressive," his wife says. "Sexually aggressive. She's quite brazen, at least when she thinks we won't know. She has made very direct advances to several men. Older men, friends of the family who have reported her behaviour to us. They didn't accept her advances of course, but they were shocked by her behaviour."

"Did you confront her with this?" you ask.

"She denied everything," the woman answers. "Denied it and lost her temper, accusing us of meddling. She claimed that one of the men had tried to her."

"A man I've known since college," her husband says. "One of my oldest friends. He was so embarrassed when he had come to us with the story about her behaviour. I don't believe that he'd touch Tamara, and I don't understand why she would make something like that up."

"What did he say happened?"

"She came to his office. He thought it was a social visit and although he's a very busy man he saw her. She....she..." he shakes his head, his face reddening.

"She pulled up her skirt and bent over his desk," his wife takes up the story. "She wasn't wearing panties. She urged him to, well to fuck her, to use the words she said to him. She said she wanted him to fuck her, and said he could bring in another man and they could both use her. Use her any way they wanted."

"He threw her out of course," her husband resumes. "Threw her out and came to see us that evening. He was almost in tears, the poor man."

"And you said there were others?" you prompt them.

"Yes, three. All pretty much the same," his face reddens deeply. "I don't know if there were others who didn't tell us. Who might have....have accepted her offer."

"We took her to a psychiatrist," the wife says. "I made her go. She didn't like it but I made her. He says that she has some self-esteem issues, but other than that she's perfectly normal." The husband snorts in disdain.

"The man's a fool. What normal girl behaves like that? Something changed her. Something happened at that school that changed her. Tell him about the diary," he says to his wife.

What about the diary?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)