More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 5 by v9 v9

Can you save the world from assholes?

Not yet, there's too many assholes and not enough time.

You couldn't agree more with her statement.

Jenna trailed after the barbarian and rogue sullenly while keeping some distance from them, you weren't sure whether she did so out of fear of your fellow undead in the tomb or whether she believed what the barbarian had said to her. In the next room you watched as the barbarian was hit repeatedly by a skeleton who didn't seem to do any noticeable damage whatsoever. The rogue was behind your comrade in undeath and took aim with her new golden bow.

"Take your time, line up your shot but don't take too long or you aim will waver. You shouldn't normally use a piercing weapon but this particular bow is good enough that it'll easily kill such a pathetic enemy with one blow" advises Alex as the skeleton continues to hit him with a monotonous rhythm.

Your astonishment at the barbarians attempt of chivalry around the rogue after his threats against the mage is overpowered by your outrage at these callous heroes using what could be their own ancestors as target practice. With every fibre of your being you try to yell at your fellow skeleton to run, you rage against the injustice of the situation, you curse the gods and to your surprise the skeleton moves to the side as the rogue unleashes her shot. The arrow hits the helmetless barbarian between the eyes scoring a critical hit. Alex the barbarian roars in pain at the arrow sticking out of his forehead, Jenna the mage tries to stifle her laugh, Nora the rogue drops her bow in a panic and rushes to the pained barbarians side.

You take all of this in and observe the skeleton begin to run towards the nearest exit ignoring the events behind it, it doesn't attack anyone, it ignores everything around it as if following a command. A command you had thought of, you quickly check your stats and find your MP Is zero but watch as it fills up again. You tell the skeleton to stop and it does, your MP drops to zero again. You count until your MP is restored, you seem to have a thirty second recharge rate and as far as you can tell you seem to be able to cast spells. That means you can finally affect your surroundings. Self determination (of a sort), finally.

You figure it's time to try to cast another spell.

Which spell do you decide to cast?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)