More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 6 by dirtykentman dirtykentman

Does he leave her there?

No, he stays for small talk... with her parents

"Oh Felicity, we were wondering where you were" her father calls out as she steps back through the doors, "I do hope you are having a nice time darling." She smiles as her parents and their company look towards her, then just moments later, the man who she still did not have a name for steps in after her.

Her mind panics, sure that it will be obvious what was going on, sure her parents will know how close she had just been to doing something so naughty with this man who was closer to their age then her own. But instead it's the couple with her parents who speak first.

"Ah, good to see you Anthony, we didn't think you would be coming tonight" the male of the couple speaks over her shoulder to him, "enjoying the evening air was you?" She feels a relief, both at the fact it seems no one considers it strange he had stepped in right after her, and also that she now had a name for him, although she reminds herself that she has his card in her hand so surely that has his name on it, it's just she hasn't had time to look at it yet.

"Yes, I thought I should show my face, and besides, when there are such lovely young ladies present," he pauses, and she realises he is referring to her, making her blush and look at her parents, again convinced they will work out something has happened. "I bumped into her outside, such pleasant company, so polite and eloquent for one so young, you should be proud of her" he adds looking at her parents. Again she blushes, but this time for a very different and less stressful reason.

"Thank you, yes, we are proud" her mother informs the little gathering, smiling to her.

"And so charming in that dress" adds the other female in their group, putting a hand out to touch her arm reassuringly. The talk continues, and Felicity is relieved when it finally returns to business conversation and not about her, or how lovely she might be looking, or how well behaved she is. She's embarrassed enough that this man who she had almost allowed to guide her into secluded woods with was talking to her parents as if he were an old family friend, but worse still, that they had been talking about her as if she was still some young girl; she finds herself unable to look at him the whole time, wondering if he is laughing at her while she was squirming inside at how she was being spoken about.

"Well, I should circulate" he finally informs the group, "but would anyone like a drink refill, I am going to the bar anyway?" He glances from face to face, all declining his offer, until at last his eyes rested on hers.

"And you Felicity?"

Does she accept?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)