More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MistWolf MistWolf

Who is going to lose her clothes?

Niki Sanders (Heroes)

Niki Sanders was a former casino worker in Las Vegas. She was raising her son, Micah, alone because her husband D.L. was a fugitive. In the absence of D.L. and his regular paycheck from construction work, she earned extra money as a webcam stripper running lasvegasniki.com. She had an aggressive alter-ego named Jessica, under whose identity violent acts and murders were committed. After the events at Kirby Plaza, Niki worked as an agent of the Company and was infected with the Shanti virus. As the virus progressed, Niki returned to New Orleans to stay with Micah. She was later killed in an explosion after she saved Monica Dawson.

About -

Born a triplet with Tracy Strauss and Barbara, Niki was given the ability of enhanced strength at birth by Dr. Zimmerman. She was placed under the care of the Sanders family and bonded with her sister Jessica. However, her father, Hal Sanders, was abusive and due to this, Niki developed a split personality.

Niki remembered none of the beatings and was devastated when Jessica was killed. Unbeknownst to Niki, Jessica was accidentally killed by Hal. Upon growing up, Niki lost contact with Hal and grew to resent him and later became an alcoholic. She met D.L. Hawkins and had a son- Micah. However, Niki was approached by Hal Sanders, who tried to make amends for his past actions. Niki's main alter ego, Jessica, however, attacked Hal and sent him away before he could do any harm to Niki or her family.

Evolved Human Abilities -

Niki possessed enhanced strength. She was strong enough to knock down doors and other obstacles with a single hit, throw people several feet across a room and literally rip people in half. For months, she could only utilize her power through her alternate personality, Jessica, who is much more violent than her normal self. Jessica used the ability in a variety of crimes ranging from robberies to brutal murders.

In How to Stop an Exploding Man, Niki finally learned how to use her enhanced strength at will.

Equipment -

  1. Cadillac--a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado convertible, taken from D.L.'s crew by Jessica and registered in Niki's name
  2. Digital video camera--used to broadcast video chats for lasvegasniki.com; used by Linderman's thugs to record Niki
  3. Jessica's map--a map left for Niki by Jessica indicating where to bury the bodies of Linderman's thugs
  4. Laptop computer--used to run and maintain lasvegasniki.com
  5. Niki's tape--a videocassette of Niki made by Linderman's thugs; it turns to static as Jessica takes control and murders them.

Notes -

  1. While Jessica has a tattoo of The Symbol on her upper right back, Niki does not.
  2. Niki and Hal use more formal names for each other: Niki calls her father "Hal", and Hal calls his daughter "Nicole".
  3. Niki is on the list.
  4. Niki can communicate with her alternate personalities through reflective surfaces: whichever personality is dominant sees the alternate in the reflection. However, Matt Parkman heard thoughts of both personalities via his telepathy during one of their conversations (Run!). Niki and Jessica also communicated in jail sans reflective surface (Godsend). The significance of these unusual occurrences is unknown.
  5. According to the cast commentary for Godsend, the cast members themselves believed that it was Niki -- not Jessica -- who broke the guard's baton. However, during the Wizard World Los Angeles panel, the writers entertained the possibility that Niki might "eventually" be able to access Jessica's power, indicating they believed she hadn't done so yet. Her use of enhanced strength in How to Stop an Exploding Man at Jessica's urging made reasonably clear that she had not knowingly accessed her power prior to her fight with Candice Willmer.
  6. While a great deal of confusion about Niki and Jessica's relationship persists, Jeph Loeb stated in an interview that the crew "thought this was very clear on the air. Niki's power is the same as her alternate personality Jessica's: unbelievable strength. They're the same person. Niki discovered her special ability through her split personality, but it was always her ability."
  7. According to Dr. Zimmerman, Niki's ability is the result of receiving the formula rather than a naturally inherited ability. (I Am Become )

Trivia -

  1. The laptop Niki uses for lasvegasniki.com runs Debian Linux and uses Gaim for instant messaging.
  2. Niki never keeps peanut butter in the refrigerator. (Godsend)
  3. The ABC Soap Opera One Life to Live is famous for being one of the first serialized dramas to tackle the topic of dissociative identity disorder (DID) in a real and serious way with a beloved lead character. That character was Victoria Lord (Viki), whose most active and dominate alter ego was named Niki. She also had a daughter who, through Niki's carelessness, was traumatized as a child and likewise developed DID. Her name was Jessica, and her main alter ego was named Tess.
  4. According to a form found in Linderman's archives, Niki's Social Security number is 2574-87-5698. (The Hard Part)
  5. A 2001 medical form for Niki has an address listed at the top: 348 South 4th Street, Portland, Oregon, 97209. It is unclear whether this was once Niki's address or whether this is the address of the form's originator. The medical form also lists Niki's age as 33. According to NBC's press packet, Niki would have been 28 in 2001. However, according to her birth certificate (found on Micah's computer), Niki was born on August 24, 1974.
  6. In New Orleans, Niki drives a Chevrolet with Louisiana license plates KMB801T.
  7. According to the birth certificate, Micah found on his computer, Niki weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces when she was born. She was born on August 24, 1974, at 12:56 am in Beverly Hills at Our Lady of Perpetual Faith Hospital, and she was delivered by Dr. Zimmerman. Interestingly enough, Tracy Strauss's birth certificate lists the exact same information.
  8. According to a court record, Nicole Sanders has had felony complaints brought against her for robbery, homicide [sic], and grand theft auto.
  9. The same certificate lists Niki's birth mother as "Kelly Sullivan". This name probably came from the assistant to the executive producers with the same name (see Kelly Sullivan).

Where is Niki when she becomes naked and how does it happen?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)