More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by cameronfair cameronfair

What are you?

Necromancer

Necromancer's are supposed to be powerful, dark sorcerers feared by all, but the recent patch which buffed monsters and player-characters alike missed you entirely, changing you from a strong level 30/99 necromancer to a weak level 30/999 necromancer. Faster levels and more of them to achieve is exciting to many - but you're stuck in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by level 134 wolves which happily one hit you when they get the chance.

You used to be twice their level, the bastards. You glance at your pitiful stats again.

Necromancer
Lvl: 30/999
Melee Attack: 6
Magic Attack: 13
Weakness:
Light
Special Abilities:
Twilight Burst - 23-33 Damage

You sigh, shaking your head. Summoning skeletons was once a thing all Necromancers could do with ease, but with the new patch making you the lowest level one on the server, it somehow left you just 2 levels away from doing it. If you could, you could gather a small army and use them to distract the wolves while you escaped, but alas, instead you can do nothing but sit here and sulk. You've been guarding this cabin for several months now.

Suddenly a howl grabs your attention, it's the wolves battle cry for when player characters are within attack range. You run outside as fast as your legs can carry you to be greeted by a small group of adventurers currently battling the wolves.

Paladin - Level 96
Mage - Level 63
Rogue Archer - Level 41
Priestess - Level 22

You can't believe your luck, that priestess is just two twilight bursts away from an easy kill, however if you grab their attention too early the paladin could quite easily run you down - his light attacks would quite literally one shot you, plus paladins get a lot more EXP for killing dark creatures. Seeing a level 22 so far from Hoval (noob city) is a rare sight, her friends must be helping to level her account.

"Careful Pip!" the magician cries, letting loose a powerful firebolt at a wolf-cub pouncing at the priestess. She shrieks in surprise as the wolf-cub vanishes into nothing but exp and wolf fur and gets in closer behind her friends, bringing her closer to you though. You level your spell at her as you wait for your oppurtunity.

"Don't worry, once we've killed this pack you'll have enough fur for your quest and-" the paladin stops in his tracks as he hears the priestess squeal one last time, and vanish into a dark pile of dust. Her items appear besides her disintegrated corpse, your twilight bursts were perfectly timed for when the paladin was distracted. You know you've levelled up quite a lot, killing a player character is a lot of exp, but killing one in a group is even more. The paladin looks up at you, his eyes closing into an evil glare as he begins walking towards you. You haven't checked your level yet, but you know you can do it.

Four skeletons appear in front of the Paladin, he grins eagerly, knowing his sword will bring them down in one hit, but as he raises his blade the wolves pounce, grabbing him viciously from either side. You look at the rest of his group, realising the Mage is at dangerously low health, with no priestess to keep her healthy, you fire off as many bursts as you can, and grab yourself another kill.

"Keira, run!" The paladin cries as he turns on the wolves, finding himself in too deep as a third turns on him, his cries came just in time as the rogue archer looks up, dodging a wolf and sprints through the trees, towards your cottage. You'll get to her later, after killing a level 63 mage you feel power surging through you, skeletons pour out of the ground around you and run straight towards the Paladin - his grunts of battle turn to shrieks as he's completely over run, falling to the ground as skeletons finish off his final hit point. As soon as the Paladin's dead, the wolves drag his corpse back into the woods, ignoring you entirely - and the loot.


Mage's Stave of Nazzeran
Cloak and Hat of Infinity
Boots of eternal swiftness


All fairly low levelled items, the devs really went OTT with the item names. You shake your head as you equip them, and decide to finally check your level.

Necromancer
Lvl: 82/999
Melee Attack: 13
Magic Attack: 28
Weakness:
Light
Special Abilities:
Twilight Burst - 48-65 Damage
Summon Skeletons (6 Maximum)
Army of the Dead (passive): If you have 5 or less Skeletons, summon one from fallen foes
Vampiric Drain (passive): Nearby enemies passively take 7 damage over 5 seconds, heal for 0.5 for every 1 damage dealt.

Now that was power. Nowhere near as strong as you once were, but now you could leave. But first, you'd have to deal with the girl.

How do you deal with her?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)