More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Anonymous51 Anonymous51

Which Item of Power, feel free to add your own as there are an infinate number..

Mind Manipulator

Leaning over his workshop table, 22-year old Jonathan Wilson made one last connection, smiled, and jumped up in elation. "It's finished!" he announced to the empty room. Looking down at his creation, the young scientist marveled at the device that he had spent years developing. It was the Mind Manipulator. What looked like a gun from some classic sci-fi film (with attachments) was actually a device that was capable was manipulating someone's mind in various ways. With the use of a small touchscreen monitor attached to the top of the gun, someone could choose a function, then after pointing the device at a person and pulling the trigger, the function would affect the person. None of these changes would make any physical changes, of course, as this was the Mind Manipulator, but would instead change how people would think and behave.

What were the functions of this device, you ask? Well, if someone were in the room with him, Jonathan would more than likely relish in telling them all about it. There was a small switch on the side of the gun to turn it on and off. Once on, the touchscreen was activated, showing a main menu - a list of functions, as follows:

AMNESIA - Zap someone using this function will cause them to have amnesia.

COPY/PASTE - Pressing this option will bring up another option list, specifying what Jonathan would want to copy and paste. Basically, the purpose of this function is to copy something mental from one person and paste it onto the mind of another person. Sub-options include EDUCATION (for example, copy a doctor's education and paste it onto a high school drop out, giving that person years of medical school education, while retaining all other aspects of their mind), FETISH (for example, copy one person's sexual fetish of feet and paste it onto another person who may have no fetish at all, or some other fetish, but retaining all other aspects of their mind), MEMORIES (for example, copy one person's memories of living a wealthy life and paste them onto a person living a poor life, while retaining all other aspects of their mind), MIND (this allows Jonathan to copy the entirety of someone's mind and paste it onto someone else, making that other person think that they're the first person, trapped in the body of the second person), and PERSONALITY (for example, copy a Goth's personality and paste it onto a bimbo's mind, but retaining all other aspects of their mind). Of course, Jonathan planned to eventually expand the list, programming more functions into the device, but that could come later. After selecting one of the sub-options, the device would bring up another screen, this one listed two options - OVERWRITE and BLEND. Using the first option would cause the function to overwrite the second person (and subsequent others, as Jonathan can paste onto as many people as he wants), causing the aspect of the mind that's being manipulated in that person's mind to be repressed and the new aspect to be the only one that can be accessed by the mind (for example, if a Goth's personality were copied and pasted onto a bimbo's mind and OVERWRITE was selected, then the bimbo girl would no longer act like a bimbo, but instead act like a Goth). Using the second option would blend the copied and pasted aspect of the mind in with that same aspect that the second person (and subsequent others) has, thus becoming a mix of the two (for example, if a Goth's personality were copied and pasted onto a bimbo's mind and BLEND was selected, then the girl would essentially behave like a bimbo goth, having both personality traits).

EMOTION - Pressing this option will bring up another option list, specifying the emotion that Jonathan would like his target(s) to have. These options include AFRAID, ANGRY, HAPPY, SAD, and others.

FEAR/HATRED - Pressing this option will bring up another option list, specifying the fear/hatred that Jonathan would like his target(s) to have. These options include ARACHNOPHOBIA (fear of spiders), ACROPHOBIA (fear of heights), AGORAPHOBIA (fear of wide open spaces), CLAUSTROPHOBIA (fear of small spaces), HEMOPHOBIA (fear of blood), HOMOPHOBIA (fear or hatred of homosexual people), MYSOPHOBIA (fear of germs), NYCTOPHOBIA (fear of darkness), RACISM (hatred of a race other than the person's own), SEXISM (hatred of the opposite sex of whatever the person is), XENOPHOBIA (fear or hatred of anything alien/foreign), and many others. Since he was the one who programmed these options, he only listed the names of the fears, not their definitions. Anyone else who used the device may not know what all these phobias/hates mean. NONE is also an option, as a way to undo any changes made with this function, but also to eliminate the specific fear or hatred that a person may already have.

GULLIBLE - Zap someone using this function will cause them to be gullible. They'll believe anything anyone tells them.

HIVE MIND - Zap multiple people with this function will cause them to share a hive mind.

INTELLIGENCE - Pressing this option will bring up another list, specifying the IQ (rounded to the nearest 25) that Jonathan would like his target(s) to have, ranging from 50 (mentally challenged) to 200 (genius). An average person has an IQ of around 100.

MIND CONTROL - Zap someone using this function will cause them to slip into a trance, allowing Jonathan to tell them to behave, think, and remember any way he wants them to, in and out of trance. Zapping them again will cause them to come out of their trance.

SEXUAL ASPECTS - Pressing this option will bring up another list, specifying the sexual orientation and other aspects that Jonathan would like his target(s) to have. These options are: ASEXUAL, BISEXUAL, HETEROSEXUAL, HOMOSEXUAL, PANSEXUAL (attracted to not only male and female people, but also transgender people as well), TRANSSEXUAL. Of course, Jonathan planned to eventually expand the list, programming more options, and maybe sub-options, into the device, but that could come later.

SWAP - Pressing this option will bring up another option list, specifying what Jonathan would like to swap between two people. Sub-options include EDUCATION (for example, swap a doctor's education with a high school drop out's, giving the high school drop out years of medical school education, while leaving the doctor with only a partial high school education, but retaining all other aspects of their minds), FETISH (for example, swap one person's sexual fetish of feet with another person's sexual fetish of BDSM, while retaining all other aspects of their minds), MEMORIES (for example, swap one person's memories of living a wealthy life with another person's memories of living a poor life, while retaining all other aspects of their minds), MIND (this allows Jonathan to swap the entirety of someone's mind with someone else's mind, essentially causing two people to swap bodies), and PERSONALITY (for example, swap a Goth's personality and a bimbo's personality, causing the Goth to have the personality of a bimbo and the bimbo having the personality of a Goth, while retaining all other aspects of their minds). Of course, Jonathan planned to eventually expand the list, programming more functions into the device, but that could come later. With this function, Jonathan would simply have to zap two people and the device did the rest, swapping the chosen aspects of their minds between each other.

This being the prototype of the device, Jonathan planned to expand on its functions at a later time, as more ideas came to him, but right now, the device was fully functional and ready to be used.

There was one function, however, that he had forgotten to include in the device. He was so excited about completing his invention that he had forgotten to put in an UNDO function. So there was no way to reverse any of the changes once they were made.

Jonathan was ecstatic. He couldn't wait to test his Mind Manipulator out. But who should he test it on first?

How does Jonathan use his device first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)