More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by akikuka akikuka

Who are you?

Michael, a man surviving in the zombie apocalypse

You're walking down the empty road, slightly crouching down to avoid detection, not only from potential hostile people but also those walking lifeless flesh. The streets are empty, filled with shattered glass and broken lampost, you wore a simple t-shirt with a bit of tear as you carry a crowbar. walking to the alleyway as you peek behind, and saw a looming figure that is limping. Of course, you head to the other direction, not wanting to deal with those ever familiar corpses.

It has been a week since the event, where get this, a zombie apocalypse had happened. Not sure how, but suddenly, thousands of zombies came to this city and start turning people into more of them, and not before long, it turns into this barren wasteland, with only the winds and moaning zombies can be heard now.

You would think that with all the zombie movies and even real-life contingencies(cause apparently the government had a lot of time to deal with a hypothetical scenario that even they don't think it's real) that were meant to prepare for this event it would be dealt easily, nope, anarchy had soon rise, laws and society crumbled fast and now you have to struggle to survive.

Really not a good time to be at another city where your home when the apocalypse had happened, bad time to have your car stolen as someone skedaddles with it, worse time to actually leave your phone in your car you can't call your families or any help.

The only grace that you manage to survive through this is because of the something you read at the how to survive zombies reddit just for fun. Smash em to the brains, get food from cans, and try to survive. With your trusty crowbar that you had begun to take a liking to, you began scavenging, hoping to find something and bring it back to your base.

"Huh, is that a box," You notice a small crate, heading towards it thinking there is something useful.

As you walk, your feet bump into something. Huh, it's a marker.

You tested the marker to see if it work, so you wrote your name in the box.

Michael

Well, it works, maybe you could use it to draw on a wall or something, couldn't hurt to keep it. Placing it in your pocket, you bean inspecting the box.

Actually, what is in the box anyway? Well, since you have a crowbar, might as well use it for it's intended purpose instead of crushing skulls(actually, considering how this tool is known for it, maybe it is meant for it)

"Hey! Punk, what you got in there?" Before you can pry it open, through unfortunate luck, the first human since days you meat looks to be a bunch males, two of em. And judging by the looks and their tone, they ain't friendly.

"I think you got something that belongs to us,"

Yup, definitely stereotypical thugs. They only carry a baseball bat and a steel pipe, maybe you could take em.

"Really, first humans I meet today and it's a bunch of dudes, would it hurt to be a cute girl.

Before you thought of doing the first action, the one that called you to look at the box and has his face shifted from cocky to a spark of realization.

"Oh wait, that is your box, Ummm, sorry man, we didn't know it's yours," Huh? Why is he acting calm all of a sudden, your box? Sure you found it first but you don't think they're the type to believe of finders keepers unless they're the finders.

"Cmon Mike, let's go," And so they just left, also leaving you confused.

That was odd, wonder what had actually happened. The two wouldn't just let the thing be just because it has your name on it. Does it? This is now a lawless world.

Regardless, you should check on the box, using Crowy(Cause that's what you are going to call it for now on), you pry open the wooden box, and low and behold, you had hit the jackpot.

Survival kit, small rations, body armor, tools and knives, and even guns with a bunch of ammo. You grin at the great stroke of luck, and it feels like it is going get better later.

This is now your 7th day of the apocalypse, and the day when you discover your power.

They say 7 is a lucky number, guess that also meant the days after the apocalypse.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)