More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Brickhouse Brickhouse

Who's story do you follow?

Mary, 21: Not a criminal

Mary was just like any other girl, went to college, did her studies, hoped for a prosperous life...she'd never done anything intentionally illegal in her life...which is why she was obviously upset that she was in a holding cell with her hands cuffed in front of her, she wasn't alone, there were other women here all in the same situation, though others were probably not as innocent as Mary was...looking around there really wasn't much age diversity, they were mostly young women...but at the moment Mary really didn't care about the details of the room, she cared about getting her lawyer.

She perked up when she saw a couple of guards walk to the door and unlock it, one waiting outside while the other walked right towards her, she cooperated as he stood her up and walked her out "Oh my god it's great that you guys have realised this is just a mistake" Mary said, nearly ecstatic, the guards simply ignored her and led her into an office, sitting her back down on the other side of the desk before walking back out again, leaving her alone to take in her surroundings, the room really was unassuming, it just looked like an office, she didn't know what she expected, but this seemed somewhat underwhelming, her train of thought derailed as the door opened again, a woman wearing a suit walked past her then sat down behind the desk, this was obviously HER office.

"Mary Watson" The woman said, setting down a folder she was looking through "Y-yes, that's me" Mary said, smiling shyly "Good, at least we've got the right person...well...congratulations, you've been picked for a special project" The woman said, with obvious fake enthusiasm "Special...project...?" Mary asked, not really following "Yes, a new method of criminal punishment" The woman said "B...but I'm not a criminal miss...?" "Carlyle...Dr. Carlyle...and yes, yes you are" Dr Carlyle said, picking up the folder and looking through it "23 cases of littering, 12 cases of loitering, 7 parking offences, 11 speeding tickets, as well as one case of public nudity...streaking is still a crime" she listed as Mary's blush grew "I...uh...how did you know about that last one?" Mary asked with an embarrassed chuckle "You know that libraries are government property right? So we have cameras in there...oh and lifts have cameras in anyway, why not take the stairs?" Carlyle asked with a chuckle, Mary didn't answer.

"Either way, you take part and all that might as well be gone...what do you say?"

Does Mary accept willingly?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)