More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Hypnoticus Hypnoticus

Are you male or Female?

Male

You've come to expect odd things from Samantha over the past few years. It's her new normal. She's changed so much since the two of you were in school together, and when she recently disappeared for the last six months you just figured she was on another one of her quirky "missions". She calls them her "Missions of Self Importance". Whatever that means. They started out simple enough. She would set up appointments with local famous hairstylists, or sign up for dance lessons. "Anything which helps my appearance and growth," she said. She had decided she needed to place more emphasis on herself, for esteem purposes, or whatever the latest magazine articles deemed hip at the time. You always wrote it off to how the other kids would tease her in school but she grew out of that fairly well. In fact, she's been highly attractive for a while now. You've never seen any real harm in what she did and sometimes you would go along, because who doesn't like a little fun every now and then.

But over time her missions became more flamboyant and weird. She started looking into fringe science, ancient religions, odd body piercings. Her gym membership turned into yoga, turned into hot steam yoga, turned into some weird bendy meditation thing involving steel spikes. She just slowly grew out of your acceptable limits for how you wanted to develop, but you never really saw any real harm in it. It was just Sam's odd way of dealing with life. Last you recall, she had mentioned a professor from some lab in biochemistry or something and testing phases, but like most of her missions lately, you had decided to stay out of it.

Then you got the email.

"John,

I can't believe it took me this long to get here. This Mission is the BEST! I've always thought of you as a very close friend. And now, I think you deserve to see some of the things that I have. This is AMAZING! There's nothing like it in the world and I really have no way to explain it. You'll have to come see for yourself.

Pack light, and come to Bretton Lodge as soon as you can. I promise I'll make it worth your time.

Love ya,
Samantha"

Do you pack?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)