More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 37 by cdbaby cdbaby

Christmas morning

Made with love

Jill made sure to set her alarm an hour earlier to be sure and get back to the living room before anyone else did. Anyone that would be a problem that is. Apparently Tara had woken up early still excited as ever about Christmas. She walked with a knowing smirk down the hallway and into the living room. "Nothing happened." Tara knew her sister well and didn't need to be told but it was still nice that she'd defend her honor, she thought. Tara responded with a small chuckle before planting herself in front of the tree.

In a few minutes the living room began to fill with family, "Oh I forgot to warn you about Tara. I hope she didn't wake you." Leslie said as she walked by the living room into the kitchen. "It's okay, I was already up." Tara looked back at Jill the same smile plastered on her face as she shook another present. "Get out of there." Leslie chastised her daughter not having to look from baking to know what was going on. Jill snorted "Momvision."

The shower stopped and sarah wiped the mirror of steam as she did every morning only this morning she stopped mid-wipe and stared at her ring. She had forgotten she was wearing it already. She made a mental note to remember to take it off before she showered now. She spun the little gold band on her finger, everything was moving so fast now she had resigned herself to pining hopelessly after her roommate and now she was in her house with her family and she promised themselves to one another. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't scared but she never felt like this before. Like she was standing still and running all at once.

After dressing she left the ring in her pocket, she couldn't bare to part with the symbol of her love. She was the last to gather in the living room, her parents having already showered and her brother and sister forgoing it for now. "What, did you fall in?" her dad teased as he always did when she took too long in the shower and as always she rolled her eyes. "Finally, it's present time!" Tara cheered dragging a box from under the tree. "Hey now you know that's dad's job." Sarah said sitting close to Jill then remembered herself and moved over slightly. Martin reached under the tree grabbing a different present than the one Tara grabbed. He gave the present to his son smiling wickedly at Tara as he literally passed right over her. Martin handed smiled and handed Tara her present. She tore into it quickly finding a shiny bracelet. "I love it! Thank you daddy!"

Jill watched in delight as Sarah opened her presents from something as simple as socks or as expensive as a necklace her smile was always genuine. Her eyes sparkled like diamonds. "You want to help me?" Leslie suddenly appeared beside Jill. "Sure." As much fun as it was to stare at Sarah, watching other people open presents wasn't exactly fun.

In the kitchen Leslie hummed as she pulled out a tray from the oven. "Wow...you made gingerbread men." Jill laughed softly. Was this woman related to Joan Crawford? "It's a family recipe passed down from my mother's mother's mother from way back." She pried a little man off the tray sliding it onto a plate. "Wow. That's a lot of passing." Jill winced, that was really stupid. Leslie smiled as she continued sliding little men onto plates. "My grandmother made these for us every christmas. Then when she passed my mother made them for my kids. We don't remember the presents but we always remember the gingerbread men. Know why?" "Love?" Leslie smirked. "Because they are the best gingerbread men you'll ever have." She pushed two plates in her hand "And also love."

Leslie handed a plate to tom who was examining another game he received for christmas and sat next to Martin on the couch drawing the plate away playfully when he reached for one. Martin knew what she wanted. She kissed her softly on the cheek catching her lip with his. She nodded and handed him the plate taking one for herself. Tara and sarah were standing in front of the hall mirror examining their new accessories. Jill handed Tara her plate. Tara accepted happily picking up a little man before she caught Jill's eye. Jill nodded subtly to the living room. "I'm gonna...yeah." Tara left. Sarah hardly noticed still preening in front of the mirror. Jill touched her shoulder drawing her attention. "Ooh yummy." Jill pulled the plate away. Sarah pouted. "It'll cost you a yankee dime." Jill told her "What's a yankee dime?" Jill quickly kissed Sarah on the lips. The feeling as always was like being electrified, she wondered if she'd ever get used to it she hoped not. After a second she remembered where she was and checked to see if anyone could see them. There was thankfully a wall between her and her family. Sarah kissed Jill again stealing a little man as she did. "Hey!" "What I paid for it." Sarah teased walking back into the living room. Jill followed suit sitting next to Sarah biting off the gingerbread's arm and tasting the most delicious cookie she'd ever had.

Mass or the ball drops?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)