More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 18 by FredWeasleyLives1 FredWeasleyLives1

Who distracted me?

Louise's counsel

I have reached a new level of peace. I walked away from temptation and handcuffed Kat's killer alive even though Marion almost provoked me to the point of slashing her to ribbons with a knife. I feel at peace with myself now that I know that I do not have to give in to my darkest impulses. I have now walked outside with my prisoner from the rundown bar where I had set my trap. It cost me a black eye to get the cuffs on the blonde maniac, but it was well worth it. I know that I am a step closer to solving this case. This case might have been over if I knew if Kat was working by herself to carry out her crazy plan, but I know whose fault that was. I was just about to call the police to ask them to come take out the garbage for me when I hear someone distract me.

"Connie, what's going on?" the person asks.

A blush started at my head and went all the way down to my feet when I looked up to see that my toughest friend of all Louise was the one who distracted me. I have always found the looks of Louise to be quite breathtaking and she does not take any guff from anyone. I find both of those qualities to be quite sexy. My heart skips a beat every time I look at her. She always seems to care for me which is one of the main reasons that I am considering dating Louise exclusively when this business is settled.

"Louise, meet the killer!" I commanded proudly while waving my right hand at my trophy.

"Are you okay?" Louise probed with concern while touching my shoulder which sent a spark down my arm. "I notice that you have a black eye."

"I'm better than Marion is!" I cackled.

"She definitely has more bruises on her face," Louise agreed with a smile while patting my back which caused me to let out an almost silent grunt.

"You are still having problems with your back," Louise whined while making me sit in a nearby bench which caused my wretched and disgusting prisoner to sit in the next bench over.

"I noticed that," I agreed with a somewhat weak smile.

"You need to see a doctor to get that checked out," Louise insisted. "I am worried about you."

"I don't think I have time right now," I debated.

"At least come home with me so I can give you a massage... and maybe a few other things," Louise pleaded with a suggestive leer.

"Even though it would make me very happy to go home with you, I have to make sure that this case might is over," I explained with a deep frown.

"What do you mean?" Louise asks in shock. "You've already nailed the killer.

"Let's just say I might not be done because of this idiot's sloppy detective work," I growled while gesturing at Marion.

"There wasn't time to do anything else!" Marion argued.

"In America, the police read something called a Miranda Warning when they arrest someone," I revealed. "It starts out by telling you that you have the right to remain silent. If I were you, I would follow that advice before you provoke me into doing something that we will both regret."

"You are hiding something, Connie," Louise accused.

"I don't want to talk about it!" I denied.

"I think that it would help if you did," Louise pressed while rubbing my right shoulder.

"I think I can help," Marion offered with the smirk of a witch.

"Do you want me to stuff one of my socks in your mouth?" I questioned the killer.

"No," Marion replied.

"Then shut your stupid pie hole!" I threatened.

"Okay, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to!" Louise promised me with a placating gesture to diffuse the possibility of Marion and I coming to blows again.

But I can't think about a relationship just yet since Marion did find out if Kat wanted to flood Paris by herself before she killed her. I would have loved to go home with Louise more than anything for one of her massages, but Paris needed my help. Maybe it was a bad idea to continue with this case while my back was hurting me, but I knew that if I sat this one out and let the police handle it, the worrying would probably kill me. I have in the matter. I have to clean up the mess Marion made. I had to save Paris.

Does the danger continue?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)