More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Blackhand Blackhand

Who would you like to follow?

Lisa Huang, an intern with an upscale jeweler.

Lisa straightened her cheap JC Penny pants suit. It was the best that her parents could afford from their meager immigrants salary, but once Lisa got her first pay check she was going to buy a nicer one. After all, clients expect service from very well dressed employees when they are spending tens of thousands of dollars on jewelry.

Golds and silver watches, bracelets, and pendants filled the tempered glasses display cases. At any given time, there was normally customers peaking around. Sometimes tourists looking to pick up something for girlfriends or wives. Many were drawn here though by the special collation. The custom works created by the store's owner. The....eccentric....Mr. Napier.

"You know what day today is, Lisa?" He said, walking out of the store room in the back. He was more cheerful then she'd ever seen him. Suffice to say, that made her worried.

"Uh, Tuesday?" She asked.

"No. Today is money day." He laughed, giving her a hearty smack on the back. It made Lisa wince. Her petite asian frame couldn't take even a friendly hit like that well. "You're closing up early today. A big customer is coming in today. Big enough that she's getting the store all to herself."

"I want you on your best behavior, newbie. A single step out of line and you could cost millions." His upbeat demeanor shifted into a scowl in seconds. "Millions."

"Yes, Mr. Napier." She gulped. She straightened her jacket without thinking, despite having only done so seconds before.

Who is this special customer?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)