More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by adam17017 adam17017

Who would you like to play as? An established character, or someone new?

Kingdoms and Empires

Image result for the witcher map

Kingdoms of the North

Redania

A wealthy realm which profits from trade and agriculture. The capital city of Redania is Tretogor. Other prominent cities are Oxenfurt, with the largest university in the Northern Realms and the free city of Novigrad. The kingdom's neighbours are Kovir, Caingorn, Kaedwen, Aedirn and Temeria. The Kingdom derives enormous profits from trade with Novigrad and grain exports, it may be said that monarchy is a granary of the whole Continent, and even other parts of the world. King Vizimir II of Redania was assassinated during the Second Nilfgaard War. During the interregnum, the country was ruled by a Regency Council headed by Sigismund Dijkstra, the head of Redanian Intelligence, and Philippa Eilhart, head of the Lodge of Sorceresses.

Kaedwen

Kaedwen is the largest of the Northern Kingdoms (and the second largest country in the world, next to Nilfgaard). Its main cities are its capital, Ard Carraigh, and the city of Ban Ard, famous for its sorcery school. Known for its cold and unforgiving climate, along with the many forests within its borders, its name may come from the Elder Speech, slightly corrupted: Caedwen or White Forest.

King Henselt quarrels frequently with neighbouring Aedirn, mostly over the ownership of the Pontar Valley which once belonged to the Kaedweni. Kaedwen also shares borders with the kingdoms of Redania and Caingorn; and portions of the Fiery Mountains, the Kestrel Mountains and the Blue Mountains run through the kingdom. The witchers' fortress of Kaer Morhen is located amidst the peaks of the Blue Mountains, and further south lies the land of the Free Elves, an enclave established by elves seeking refuge from centuries of warring with humans. Kaedwen is currently a part of Redania, after King Radovid the Stern conquered the Leaderless Kingdom following Vernon Roche and Geralt killing Henselt in Retaliation for the Kaedweni Massacring the Remnants of the Temerian Blue Stripes

Temeria

One of the fiefdoms of Temeria is the dukedom of Ellander and the magical Thanedd Island, with a school for young female adepts of magic located off the kingdom's western shores. Temeria is second only to Kaedwen among the strongest of the Northern Kingdoms although it has been captured by the Nilfgardian Empire in spite of it technically being a Redanian Protectorate following Adda the White's Marriage to Radovid, and Princess Anais La Vallete being kept in Redanian Protective Custody, with the Temerian Princesses Father Dead.

Aedirn

The Kingdom of Aedirn, one of Four Kingdoms, lies between Temeria and the massive Mahakam Mountains to the west, and the Blue and Fiery Mountains to the east. The Kingdom is feuding with Kaedwen about the land called Lormark or Upper Aedirn, depending on the interested party's political persuasion. These lands have been disputed for ages, with Kaedwen laying claim to them as well.

Aedirn, adjacent to the mountains forming the western border of the continent, was one of the latest areas colonized by humans. Unfortunately, aversion to other races still exists, especially the elves, whose remnants still inhabit the dense woodlands and mountain valleys, including nearby Dol Blathanna. In contrast to it, the situation of dwarves is rather good — many of them live on an even keel in Upper Aedirn, near to Mahakam Mountains, their homeland.

Aedirn is an agricultural country full of ridges and hills. Unchanging, continental climate makes the grounds give good yields, especially in the east, in the area called the Valley of Flowers (or Dol Blathanna in Elder Speech), which forms a real granary to the kingdom.

Kingdom of Skellige Islands

Kingdom of Skellige Islands, commonly referred to as Skellige, is an archipelago and one of the Northern Kingdoms. The group of six islands is situated in the North Sea. The inhabitants of Skellige are divided into six clans, each seated on one of the archipelago’s larger islands. Every Skellige clan has its own characteristic colors that define it as a distinct group bound by family ties and age-old traditions. These colors also act as a distinguishing mark that lets warriors easily identify each other on the field of battle.

The Skellige Isles are currently ruled by Cerys an Craite, the First Woman to Rule Skellige in her right, instead of just as a figurehead.

Empire of Nilfgaard

the most powerful empire in the history of the known world. It is located in the southern part of the Continent and boasts both a thriving economy and a strong, well-trained army with talented commanders. It has expanded mostly through the conquest of foreign countries, which were then turned into provinces of the Empire. The Empire's inhabitants believe that "real" Nilfgaardians are only those born in the heart of the Empire, and not those born in the conquered provinces.

The provinces are ruled by either stewards or kings (in cases in which a king willingly surrenders, he retains his throne but is subject to the Emperor or just a vassal). The empire has expanded throughout the years, conquering new lands and going as far to the north as the Yaruga River, on the borders of Cintra which was conquered by the Empire, during the reign of Emperor Emhyr var Emreis.

The major religion in Nilfgaard is the cult of the Great Sun.

Kovir and Poviss

The Kingdom of Kovir and Poviss (also known shortly as Kovir and Poviss or only Kovir) is a Northern Kingdom located on the Gulf of Praxeda. It is also the largest exporter of mineral resources in the known world, with huge profits from trade. It is ruled by king Tankred Thyssen of the House of Thyssen and maintained neutrality during the Nilfgaard Wars.

Because it is so mountainous, the region is rich in mines. Kovir and Poviss export glass, salt, iron ore, silver, nickel, lead, tin, zinc, copper, chromium, titanium, tungsten, and platinum. Not to mention three quarters of the world's ferroaurum, kryobelitium, and dimeritium and 80% of the world's gold.

Lyria and Rivia

The kingdom of Lyria and Rivia is one of the Northern Kingdoms, located north of the river Yaruga, and ruled by Queen Meve. The kingdom's neighbors are Mahakam, Aedirn, and Dol Angra.

One July, during the Second Nilfgaard War, Lyria and Rivia were invaded and conquered by Nilfgaard without any formal declaration of war. It was, however, liberated in the later phases of the war.

It should also be noted, though Geralt of Rivia originally used the title "of Rivia" because it amused him, he was formally knighted by Meve and given the title "of Rivia" after the Battle for the Bridge on the Yaruga.

Toussaint

The Duchy of Toussaint is renowned for its Knights, Beauty, and most of: Its Wine. As a Vassal of the Empire of Nilfgaard, they have remained unaffected by the Wars Nilfgaard Wages against the Northern Realms. It is The Home of many Famous Vineyards, sufh as the Belgarde and Tufo. It is also where Geralt of Rivia Has an Estate and Vineyard at, Corvo Bianco.

Toussaint is Ruled currently by Duchess Anna-Henrietta. The Witcher School of the Griffin has been theorised to be located in Toussaint, dye in part to the Humble and Chivalrous Attitudes and Personalities of its memembers, and the Remarkable resemblence to various Toussaint Crafted Armor. Notable people from Toussaint include Anna-Henrietta and her Sister Syanna, Milton de Peyrrec, and Damian de la Tour.


End.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)