More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by daciasdesire daciasdesire

Who is it and what does she want?

Karen, Savannah’s Mum, and help with an electrical fault.

“Hello Spencer dear,” Karen called out as she came hiking over to Spencer as fast as her three-inch purple heels and matching tight lavender dress would allow.

Karen was one of the very first moms to have made a pass at Spencer. She’d actually been very aggressive with her pursuit to begin with. However, once it became clear that Spencer wasn’t in the right situation to start a relationship she had backed off ever since. Spencer thought she'd also been instrumental in encouraging the other moms to give him his space and the passes and pick up attempts had dropped significantly as a result. Spencer was grateful for whatever effect she’d had and considered Karen a friend as a result.

“Good morning Karen. How are you this morning?” Spencer greeted her warmly.

“Well I am just fine Spencer. Thank you for asking. But must I say don’t you look a treat,” Karen beamed as she spoke with Spencer.

Spencer knew full well he did not look a treat and Karen was just fishing for a compliment on her outfit. Spencer had dressed that morning in a pair of tan chinos and brown leather boat shoes. He’d covered his polo with a woollen cardigan as it was getting cold already in New York this autumn.

Karen by contrast was immaculate in her make up. At forty-five, Karen’s skin stilled looked firm and as close to wrinkle free as was naturally possible at her age. Her eyes were heavily shadowed in black and her hips were subtle pink colour. It looked as if she’d had her hair blown out this morning which had to be impossible at a quarter to eight in the morning. Her dress hugged her hips tight and made sure to show off her generous cleavage.

“Well if anyone’s a treat here it must be you,” Spencer obliged. “Now what do I owe the pleasure this morning?” knowing there would be something Karen wanted.

“Well seeing as you asked, I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind taking a lot at the light fixtures in my living room. They’ve stopped working and gave me a nasty shock when I touched them.”

“That sounds more like a job for an electrician Karen.”

“Not a shock, more a tingle then,” she conceded. “And, well, Larry is behind on his alimony and I can not afford an electrician at the moment. And seeing as you built that wonderful house of your.”

“Renovated, not built.”

“Renovated. Anyway, I thought you might be able to come by and take a look at it for me?” Karen fixed Spencer with her big doe eyes.

Helping her went against his better judgement but what was he to do? He couldn’t say no to everyone without getting a reputation as being unfriendly and a curmudgeon.

“Sure Karen. I’ll take a look at it. I have a few errands to run this morning but I’m sure I can fit you in by lunch time,” Spencer said surrendering.

“Wonderful dear,” Karen beamed. “I shall see you then.”

With her mission accomplished, Karen set back off in the direction she had parked her car earlier. With a sigh Spencer got back into his Mercedes and began the drive to the bank, ready for when it opened.

Any hold ups at the bank? (Get it!)

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)