More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Is Lauren late?

Just A Bit

Even with your leg being in the state that it was, your loving cousin, Lauren, was still late, making you stand on her front steps for nearly twenty minutes. Despite your disability you refused to let it control you, using your can for support, you continued to wait until a small pulsing in your knee started sending little bolts of pain up and throughout your entire body. Gritting your teeth, you tried to the feeling away, still refusing to know your own limits. You were one of the top hunters before this accident and couldn't accept the truth that you'd never have the full strength in your leg back.

Your eyes shut, and you began taking sharp exhales through your nose, replaying the moment in your head. The vampire was nearly in your grasp before kicking you down to the ground and sprinting away. You got up from the ground and ran after her, leaving the park you found her in, just as you got onto the street the creature bolted to the right, running across the street. You followed immediately, missing the black sedan speeding down the street. Then boom, you felt the snap in your leg, your body flew forward nearly twenty feet before rolling along the road like a broken doll.

Sometimes you think that might have been sweeter, dying during a hunt, it was as honorable of a as you could imagine. Still, you were saved, and that meant you were alive. You couldn't change the past and just had to move forward. It was at this point you were abruptly shaken out of your thoughts by the sound of Lauren's voice, "John!" She shouted out causing your eyes to spring open, "Finally, I've been yelling at you for like a minute!" Lauren laughed from her car on the curb below the stairs,

"You couldn't have gotten out?" You sarcastically replied while slowly limping down the stairs,

"Nope, I'm not getting out for you," She joked back before hearing the sicken sound of your tumbling down the stairs, "John!" You cousin immediately shouted out while getting out of her car and running to your side in an instant,

You let out a groan as the pain in your leg was finally too much, your leg gave out under you halfway down the stairs and sent your body, along with your bag to the ground. "God damn this fucking leg!" You growled out while running your fingers through your hair as you angrily shook your head,

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked while grabbing your bag off your chest, moving it to the side, "No wonder why you fucking fell! You aren't supposed to be carrying this much weight yet; you're legs still healing asshole!" Lauren started to berate you,

You sighed and shook your head, "I'm moving out Lauren, I need my things," You sarcastically retorted,

"And I told you that I'd handle packing your shit tonight!" Lauren instantly shot back,

"Hard to believe you; seeing as you never do anything on time," You grumbled back while slowly sitting up, "Fuck," You lightly winced. Lauren stared at you intently for a moment before you waved your hand, "Don't worry about me, it's fine," You sighed, "Got you out of the car though, didn't I?" You joked with a short laugh,

Lauren rolled her eyes and with your bag in hand stood up, extending her arm to you, "Get up dickhead," She smirked back. You reached over and grabbed your cane sword, pushing the blade back into the wooden sheath as it slightly fell out during the tumble, before taking Laura's hand and slowly getting back to your feet, "Let's get going, hmm?" She smiled while dusting off your shoulders and back,

"Right, by all means," You agreed with a smile. You hobbled to her car and got inside and breathed a sigh of relief when you finally sat down in the passenger seat. The one thing that Lauren did for you during these last few weeks was treated you normally. It was an irritating switch when you were first injured, some treated you like a child, unable to do anything yourself. While others would ignore or pity you, acting as if all you were now, was a cripple. Lauren, however, treated you just like she always had, her cousin and nothing more. If you stumbled, she helped if you asked for a little assistance she gave it but other than that, she was just your loving, slightly annoying, cousin.

Lauren got into the driver seat after tossing your bag into the back and started the car, quickly pulling back onto the road, "So, this chick you're staying with...what's her name again?" Lauren asked,

"Sara," You mumbled back,

"Right, Sara," She nodded back, "You're gonna be okay with basically being her butler?"

"I'm not a butler Lauren; I'm her housemate. I am just helping keep up the place in exchange for a lower rent," You sharply explained, a bit offended by her comparison,

"Okay, geez," Lauren mumbled back, "I still don't understand why you're moving in the first place, you don't even have to pay when staying with me."

"Because Lauren, I'm tired of hearing about the hunts from you and Mia. I don't need to hear how well you're doing with shit I can't do anymore." You bitterly replied, "Oh and if I hear you fucking one more guy through your paper thin walls I'm gonna throw up!"

Lauren instantly burst out into laughter, "You could hear that?! Why didn't you say anything?!" She giggled out while you shook your head and sighed in annoyance,

"Yeah, I was gonna hobble my crippled as into your room while you were riding some dude and be like, Hey, could you keep down the moans and screams? Please and Thank you. No, I'd rather just plug my ears and wait until you two got it over with." You sarcastically replied while crossing your arms and letting your head rest on the seat, "At least you always kicked them out afterward, never had any round two's."

"What can I say, I like sex, and I like getting off." Lauren shrugged back causing you to smirk ever so slightly, at least she was honest.

The two of you made some light, small talk over the next forty-five minutes before you drifted off to sleep. When you awoke, nearly two hours later, you were passing by a small village sign reading out, MOONLIGHT; Pop. 448. You lifted your eyes and saw the car approaching the small town; it looked as though it was almost thirty years behind the rest of the world. While it had some modern buildings, mostly it looked like a small European town in the forties. Most of the homes were made of brick, and the highlight of the town seemed to be a tavern. Lauren continued to drive through the village while occasionally glancing at her phone, following the GPS. Finally, you saw a large stone wall with trimmed hedges planted right behind it, tracing a large property.

"Oh okay, here we go," Lauren muttered to herself, "This should be it, I mean, it's not like there'd be any other mansions out this far." She tacked on with a smirk. She pulled up to a large gate and put the car in park, "Hmph, well that's rude, how do we get in?" Lauren asked herself before you both suddenly heard an electronic whirring sound as the gate opened themselves, "Oh, didn't think about that." Lauren remarked while putting the car back in drive and pulling into the property, heading right towards a small turn around near the front door.

Both you and Lauren got out of the car, Lauren carrying your bag for you. You lightly knocked on the door before reaching over and hitting the doorbell once. Mere moments later you and your cousin heard the click of a lock, and the door slowly creaked open. Your eyes slightly widened as an amazingly gorgeous redhead stood on the other side. Her deep amber pulled back into a ponytail, though she left twin strips that hung down just past her ears, resting on top of her shoulder. Her eyes were surprisingly a dark but defined green that seemed to glow at you.

"John?" The woman asked with a piercing smile, you silently stared back at her, drinking in the sight of her plump red lips that her highlighted by her pale flesh.

You felt a small nudge from your cousin before blinking a few times, you let out a small nervous chuckle, "Sorry, yes that'd be me," You nodded while extending her your hand, "I take it you're Sara?"

"Yes," Sara gleamed back while your eyes ran down her body, drinking in not only her figure but her style of clothing, dark colors, tight fitting, and even slightly revealing. "I'm so glad you actually decided to come, I've had a few people back out last minute, already."

"No worries, John here is a man of his word," Lauren pipped in with a smirk as you finally let go of Sara's hand,

"Oh, um, I'm sorry, I don't know who you are," Sara said with a confused tilt of her head, "I had only talked to John about a single room, no couples or anything."

"Ah, no problem, this is my cousin, Lauren. She was just driving me down with a few of my things before heading back to grab the rest." You explained while Lauren let out a small nod,

Sara let out a small laugh and shook her head, "Oh my apologies, I should have figured that out. You're moving in after all," She giggled before stepping aside, "Please, come in." You did your best to walk in as firm and confident as you could, but your limp was still prominent, "John you had told me you were hurt, but you neglected to tell me how badly."

"It's not trouble," You slightly winced back, "I got out of rehab just a week or so ago, they told me it'd still be kinda bad for the next couple weeks, but every day I'll be getting stronger. If all goes right I may not even need this thing to get around," He explained while motioning to the cane. Sara gave you a small unconvinced smile and slowly nodded, "Please know that this here wouldn't affect any small duties, in fact, I'm supposed to be moving around as much as I can. So cleaning, making beds, whatever, I can still do efficiently. I just can't carry heavy things, and if you needed me to run a 4k, I'd have to pass." You joked causing Sara to let out a small tension breaking laugh,

"Well, it's good to see that your spirits are up even with everything that is going on." Sara pointed out before turning to your cousin and reaching her hand out, "Allow me to take his bag, I can get him situated myself."

"Oh, that's...that's very kind," Lauren said in some surprise while back towards the front door, "If that's the case I'll start heading back now, long drive after all." You nodded back to Lauren and gave her a quick wave as she slipped out of the manor before Sara shut and locked the door.

"Sorry about the locks but as I said, my Ex is very...obsessive and controlling." Sara explained sounding nearly embarrassed,

"Has he ever shown up here before?" You asked with a raised brow,

"Um...twice..." She mumbled back before lifting her head and sighing, "You can follow me to your room, I had intended on letting you stay on the second floor. It was a larger, nicer room but with your leg, I'd recommend the smaller room down here."

"Thank you, that'd be much appreciated." You agreed while slowly following Sara a few paces behind.

Does Anything Happen While Unpacking?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)