Ascension

Your Girlfriend is a Goddess, now what?

Chapter 1

This story has been restored from deletion, and the intro chapter has been rewritten to remove the work of the original author (by their request). The following is rewritten to give us a jump off point for the extant chapters. Admin rights have been passed to me. Questions, comments, requests, please feel free to ask.
-Vestiphile

****

You're just returning from your early morning class, heading back to your girlfriend's dorm room. It's typical for you to wake her up since she doesn't have Tuesday-Thursday responsibilites until 11AM. Just as you're about to knock on her door, though, it swings open.

She's beaming at you. It makes you laugh a little.

"You're up early," you say. "And...it looks like you've been up for a while," You comment, looking at her hair and makeup. "What's the occasion?"

She pulls you in by the hand, shutting the door behind you. And what a pull. She's excited about something, certainly. Excited enough to nearly pull you off-balance with her 115-pound frame.

"It's going to sound crazy, but you're the first person I'm going to tell, so just...bear with me, okay?"

She must sense the momentary worry in your eyes, because she shakes her head, giggling. She's really giddy.

"No, no no--nothing bad at all, I promise. At least, nothing bad as far as I can tell, unless of course it's one of those things that comes from toxic waste exposure, or--"

"Yo, yo--" your turn to laugh now. "Babe. What are you talking about?"

"So, I think I might have superpowers," She says. You just smirk.

"I think your superpower is that you're adorable," You say. She smiles a little, but shakes her head again, this time a little more solemn. "You're...you're serious?" You ask. "And...what makes you think you have a superpower?"

"power-s_uh. _Superpowers." Her eyebrows go up. "Like, more than one. And I think I, like, keep getting them."

You take a deep breath before you respond.

How do you react to news like this?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)