Sarah's Awakening

College girl blossoms

Chapter 1 by LiteraryLover LiteraryLover

Sarah had just placed her last box into her shared dormroom. Her roommate, to her knowledge, hadn't arrived yet, so Sarah sat herself down on the bed on the left side of the room.

She turned her attention to the wall mirror near her. Her wavy ginger hair was a frizzy mess and she felt a bit exhausted, likely from staying up half night due to nerves, the long drive to campus and getting her belongings in. She wanted to just pass out on the bed now, but she still had to unpack. That and she wanted to greet her roommate.

Sarah dug through her small bathroom bag and pulled out a comb to straighten out her hair. Just then her roommate walked in. She was very tall and athletically lean, she wore a red t-shirt and jeans with a red baseball cap covering her light blonde hair that was pixie short.

"Oh!" Sarah exclaimed, turning around to greet her with her hand extended "I'm Sarah. Sarah Watkins."

Sarah waited a while with her hand still extended, but her roommate just looked quizzically at her. "Dude, no need to be so formal." She said finally and plopped down on the other bed. "My name's Jillian by the way. You can just call me Jill though."

Sarah was a bit hurt that Jill ignored her greeting for the most part. Did she come on too strong?

"I hear there's a party tonight. We should totally go." Jill said after a bit of silence that hung in the air.

Sarah thought about her offer. She had never been one for parties, only really going to birthday parties as a small child. But this could be a opportunity to connect with Jill.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)