More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What are you going to do?

Introduce yourself to the new neighbours

After sufficiently freshening yourself up, you have a look out of the window. The weather is really nice. and it would be a good time to sit outside in the full sun, so you grab a book, and work your way out to the front yard where a comfy bench stands. You take your place, and before you open your book, you look around to see your neighbours' gardens. One is still owned by Wanda, your incredibly hot neighbour, who lived there since you were a teenagers, really playing with your hormones at the time.

On the other side lives a new family. The Abboud's as you recall your father telling you, a family who moved here from Lebanon. They are quite firm believers of Islam, as you recall him explaining, but very nice people nonetheless. You found this remark rather xenophobic, but didn't call him on it. Older generations always seem to have a distrust for anything foreign.

As you can see past their fence, the mother of the family is busy watering the bright red bougainvilleas, all along her walking path. You decide to introduce yourself, as it is only polite, especially because you will be staying here for a while.

The Arabic woman is dressed in a loose dress, covering her whole body, while her hair is hidden behind a hijab. You have no sense of how attractive this woman is, except for her striking eyes, and beautiful face. It strikes you that she must be very hot underneath her clothes.

You get up from the bench again, and walk over to the fence. 'Hello there! Are you my neighbour?'

The woman looks up from her flowers, a very shocked look on her face. I't obvious that she's not used to strangers talking to her, especially young men. So in compensation, you give her an extra reassuring smile, making sure to come across as completely harmless.

'Um... hi, yes, I believe so, if you are the one living in that house,' she says, refusing to look you in the eye.

'Well, yes, I am, for now,' you say, smiling as charmingly as possible, and extending your hand over the fence. 'My name is Robbie Collin.'

'I thought an older couple lived here, with a daughter,' the woman says, referencing your step-sister; Katie, who was living on campus right now. 'Did you buy their house?'

'No, I'm their son, actually,' you say, still holding your arm over the fence and smiling pleasantly. 'I'm minding their house while they're on holiday. Pleased to meet you.'

She looks at you for a while, then around to see if anyone is watching, then finally steps away from her flowers and makes her way to you. 'Pleased to meet you, my name is Horiya Abboud,' she shakes your hand, a little carefully. 'I live here with my husband Ghafran, and my step-daughter Hedieh.'

You smile at her, trying to think of something to say, so you will have some polite small talk. 'Nice weather we're having, isn't it?'

'Yes, the weather is perfect,' she answers, a wide smile appearing on her face. 'How long will you be staying for?'

'More than a few weeks, definitely,' you answer. 'My parents might stay away a little longer. So, a step-daughter huh? Has your husband been married before?'

'His previous wife died very young,' Horiya answers calmly. 'So I was sent here to marry him afterwards.'

'So an arranged marriage, huh?' you ask casually, wondering if maybe this was a taboo subject for her.

She looks around once more, to see if anyone hears your conversation. 'Yes, it was arranged, as is usual in our culture. But if you don't mind, this is kind of sensitive conversation for me.'

'Oh, yes, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to pry!' you instantly apologize. 'I will leave you alone now, if you want.' You chuckle nervously.

She looks around once more, and says in a soft voice; 'No, that's okay. If you want, you can come inside for some coffee, and meet my stepdaughter. My husband is not at home now I'm afraid, but I'm sure he'll be eager to meet you later.'

You think about this for a second. Will you accept her invitation, or refuse to go on a different adventure today.

What is your answer?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)