More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CxSeth CxSeth

Search for other survivors? Scavenge for supplies? Or something else?

Into the jungle… and a surprise.

Johanna had few illusions about finding other survivors or any useful materials washed ashore. They were sailing on open ocean; this island she washed up on wasn’t even on the map. That the hunk of mast she was clinging to made it here was a miracle, and only the gods know how long she had been drifting, or on what kind of current. No, Johanna’s efforts were best spent on her own survival. And, she figured, her best chance at that was in the island’s thick jungle.

The vegetation was thick, but within minutes Johanna located some edible berries, and even a thick length of vine that could be useful. The variety of different plant life on the island was impressive, and Johanna felt a sense of wonder as she walked along, taking in the colorful surroundings.

Perhaps it was this sense of wonder and all the eye-catching flora which kept her from keeping her attention on the jungle floor. Or maybe it was the island’s heat and the bright, if uneven, sunlight filtering between the tree branches which disguised the trap. Whatever the reason, after about twenty minutes of moving through the jungle, Johanna suddenly felt her legs give out beneath her. After a few moments of total disorientation, she found herself hanging upside down, suspended by a rope trap wrapped about her ankles. She reached out towards the ground, but found it out of reach. With an impressive display of core body strength, she even managed to make a few ineffective swats and grabs at the rope wrapped so tightly about her ankles. Unfortunately, she’d lost her saber during the storm, so she had no way to cut herself loose.

Johanna let out a frustrated gasp and let herself relax, hanging freely. The fact that someone had set a trap meant that there was at least one other person on this island, and while Johanna wasn’t sure whether that was good or bad news for her, she definitely knew that there were better ways to make contact than this…

Who, or what, returns to check the trap?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)