More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

So, where is she right now?

In her hotel room in Hungary

Upon entering her room in a luxurious hotel in Hungary, all Jennifer wanted to do was just take a shower and sleep as her day had been exhausting: costume fittings, ballet lessons and a long talk with director Francis Lawrence to discuss changes in the script about her character in Red Sparrow. And tomorrow would be no different.

But upon entering the living room of her hotel room Jennifer was surprised to see her agent, a stylish, haughty woman in her early forties, sitting in one of the armchairs waiting for her.

Hello, Jen, we need to talk.

she said in a no-nonsense tone of voice while pointing at the other armchair.

To which Jennifer replied in a weary voice :

That's the last thing I want to do right now. I'm really tired, Chris. Can we wait until tomorrow, before...

It will only take a minute Jen, I promise.

she interrupted.

It's about your public image!

Feeling surprised by the direction of this conversation Jennifer felt her eyes widen and her jaw drop as she was visibly disturbed.

Please don't tell me...

No leaks this time. Stay calm. It's just an idea on how you can finally reverse them.

Chris, don't scare me like that!... But what do you mean by that? Unfortunately, we can't get them off the web, so, how...

I know, I'm not naive. But my agency team has found a way, which personally I think is but they say it's a very promising way to help you finally get over it. And most of all, the public will stop thinking of you like the dirty girl in those photos and see you as a confident and empowered woman.

That's all I'd like, you know! But how?

Well, you agreed to make this movie with pretty bold scenes. This is a good start.

Because I trust Francis, and as we've talked, it's good for me to challenge myself as an actress.

Okay, that's a good point, but not the real goal.

You mean... in regards to the nudity. Is that what you are getting at? I know I told the press that I would never do something like this...

True. But you saw that it was important for character building and the development of the film's narrative...

Her agent said in a stern no-nonsense tone of voice while seeming to begin a pre-planned speech.

That's bullshit, isn't it? I pretended to believe it, but we're in a frank conversation. So tell me, this is for your vanity, isn't it?

No, no... I really believe that.

Well, I still do not believe you, but... I'll be direct: my team and I believe you should be kept naked as long as possible on set.

Needing some time to process what her agent just said, Jennifer sat quietly in her chair for a few minutes before replying:

Do you mean in other scenes?

No, I mean exactly what I said :

Basically, unless there's a reason for you to have clothes on you should be naked at all times whenever you are on the set.

As in you should be naked in your trailer, naked during meals, naked in makeup. Also, you should not cover yourself at any time. And if behind-the-scenes photos leak to the press, that's even better.

I can't do this...

Jennifer says, nervously stuttering.

It's... I... you know that I... I'm not so confident about my body and... and… Francis will be there, and the whole crew many of whom I've known for years... You can't be serious.

Taking Jennifer's hand gently her agent said in a soothing tone of voice :

Jen, look at me... Look into my eyes... That's a good girl. Now please listen:

I'm your agent, I'm the person who believed in you from the beginning, you know that. And I've always looked out for you, haven't I?

Nodding her head Jennifer continues to listen.

This time is no different. It's simply on a larger scale, but I'm proposing it with the same goal as always: to help you and your career.

I don't know if I can do it.

Jennifer said as she felt her eyes begin to tear up.

What if they judge me? What if instead of seeing me as a confident woman they see that I'm still just a scared little girl?

You're Jennifer Lawrence, the World famous actress. That's what you do: act. If that happens then you play Jennifer Lawrence empowered, proud of her body, cheerful, friendly, well-adjusted. After all, that is the magic of the movies, my dear!

But I'm not like that in real life. And the movie set in real life, after all.

So let your other personality... what's her name? The one who does bold things you wouldn't naturally do…

Gail.

Let Gail take over. Only you and I will know that. Are we in agreement?

Jennifer smiled, and her agent gently wiped away her tears.

Alright, I'll do it for you.

Great. That's a good girl. I promise you that this is the best choice, you'll see, Jen... And what's tomorrow's schedule?

Chris asked.

Lingerie fitting, I think, and more ballet lessons. Why?

Because it will be a great day, to begin with, our plan.

Feeling her whole body warm Jennifer shivered with nervousness and anxiety as she knew exactly what was waiting for her outside.


(With the collaboration of Mist Wolf)

How does Jennifer behave the next day? How does she feel?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)