More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Godzilla87 Godzilla87

What are you?

Imp/demon

You are a 3 foot tall dark purple demon sporting two bat wings that you use to hover and fly. Two small horns, barely more than bumps, rest on your head. A small tail hangs from just above your waistline. A loin-cloth covers your private parts, but you wear nothing over your top leaving your unimpressive chest exposed. You carry a small dagger as your weapon. The only good thing about it is that it respawns in your hand after you've thrown it. You look more like a child's Halloween costume than a monster. Heroes have mocked you constantly over the years. You have finally had enough. This is your time. This is your game. You will make them pay for all the insults. You will work your way up and become the most powerful boss in the game.

Of course, the first and largest problem with that statement is that you are currently in the weakest tier of monsters. in your current state your only hope of beating even the weakest heroes is by ganging up on them. Unfortunately, you are the only monster in the nearby location which happens to be a forested area. The familiar sound of music hearalding the arrival of heroes fills the air. You pray it's only one, but they always travel in groups.

Frantically you fly upward into the branches over head to ambush the would-be heroes. You manage to lose a few health points at the branches hit against your wings and body. You land on a branch and think to yourself....what are my abilities?

Imp
Lvl: 3
Melee Attack: 3
Ranged Attack: 7
Weakness: none
Special Abilities:
Throwing knife- when thrown, knife returns to Imp
Flight
Immune to fire

Well, hopefully they only use fire attacks.

Desperately you scan the area for something, anything to give you an edge. Aha! You spy a dead tree leaning above path of the approaching heroes. You throw your knife at the base of the tree. It sticks into the bark doing little to nothing. Your knife returns to your hand. The branches part across the path revealing a party of four heroes: an elven hunter, a priestess, a knight, and a healer.
The party is aware to a monster's presence, but they haven't seen you yet.
The hunter immediately raises his bow in a defensive stance. While the others stand by waiting for you to reveal yourself. You don't move. A wind rustles the leaves beside.
"There!" Yells the healer pointing to you. The hunter fires an arrow at you. Luckily, the inexperienced hunter misses you and gives you the chance for an attack. You eye the leaning tree and grip your knife. You throw the knife at the hunter. It hits him in the shoulder doing a mere 1 dmg, but it gives you the chance you needed. You launch yourself from the branch....

....unfortunately, the priestess was chanting a spell from behind the hunter. She cast it directly at you and you are engulfed in flames.
Thank heavens, she's a priestess of the goddess of the Sun, Helia. All of her attacks are based in fire. Now's your chance. With your dagger held out in front of you like a spear. You fly directly at the hunter....

.....unfortunately, the knight steps in front of her comrade raising her shield. Your eyes go wide as you glance off of her shield with a "Ding!". You fly head first into the base of the dead tree. You roll over to see the four heroes laughing at you. The hunter finally raises his bow to finish you off, but....

...Too late! The tree comes crashing down on them with branches and limbs everywhere flattening all of them except for the priestess and the knight who is only knocked by the blow. The knight must be a ridiculously high level.
"How the hell did that just happen," you cry in disbelief.
Your shock is interrupted by a soft Ding and you feel energy pulse through you as your HP is restored.

Rate this thread or leave a comment 0 comments

Did you just level up?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)