More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by InsignificantItem InsignificantItem

Only one question remained. Would he go for the bonus objective?

Hard Decision [InsignificantItem]

Hi TheDespaxas here! Follow the recent reform of our application system, new authors will get tutored by other authors and not only by me. Here's Item as the first graduate of the new process, but first, a few words from his sponsor

CalamitousIntent here, happy to introduce a new author to the mix! If you're interested in a greater focus on stealth over combat and the mysteries surrounding one of the most prevalent (and most maligned) groups in the Gamer, then Item's story will be for you! Adventures in morality, magical theory and the one waifu that you'd think couldn't be a main girl await


Perhaps, with a show of remarkable perseverance and unyielding determination, John could convince himself to jack off before school. He had always felt that masturbation was wrong and could never bring himself to do it no matter how his teenage hormones raged.

Yeah, right.

John lifted his mattress to retrieve Old Faithful and sauntered naked into the bathroom, already feeling his sex drive waking up. Rare was the day he did not rub one out before he left for school, and Old Faithful was always there to help. Just for shits and giggles, John decided to Observe it, once he figured out the mental muscle necessary to do so.

-
Old Faithful
Item - Misc.
-A lingerie catalog stolen from a bookstore 6 years ago. The Gamer’s favorite spank material. Some of the pages are stuck together, gross.
-
<Skill Level Up!>
Observe Lv. 2
Observe will now reveal the target’s Title.
-

It wasn’t the most hardcore medium to masturbate to, it wasn’t even porn, but the model on the cover had been the object of pre-pubescent John’s sexual awakening. The internet would always provide the best material, but this magazine was cemented in his mind as one of the sexiest objects on earth. The cover model’s wavy brown hair, her blue eyes, the way she was biting her lower lip, everything about her screamed “Fuck me, John! Fuck me hard!”

John grabbed a pair of tissues in preparation and immediately went to work. His dick was already fully erect by the second stroke and he could feel the orgasm building in record time. The thought of pounding her pussy and squeezing those barely contained tits never failed to get him off, and off he went like never before. The clenching pressure and waves of pleasure were enough to take John’s knees from under him. He fell against the wall and came hard. Not the usual handful of spurts that got neatly caught by the tissues, but a dozen fully loaded blasts of cum that burst through the flimsy cloth and splattered across both the magazine and bathroom counter.

-
<New Skill!>
Masturbation - Lv. 18
Ejaculation that is the result of years of practice. Allows the user to become erect with little to no stimulation. Shortens refractory period and raises semen production, allowing for more powerful ejactulations up to (Skill Lv) x per day.
-

“Holy shit…”

It took John a moment to come down from the previously unreached heights of orgasm before he could read the text floating in front of his eyes. He dismissed the window and stared at the counter in disbelief. Thick, white lines ran from the back of the lacquered stone to the front, dripping onto the tile below. Old Faithful was not spared, and John was torn between the remorse of having possibly ruined the magazine and the already swelling desire from seeing the model covered in his jizz. He picked up the catalog and instinctively put it into his inventory, he’d deal with figuring out how to clean it later. The rest was taken care of by several handfuls of tissues, resulting in a conspicuous pile of them in the waste bin. John cringed but sighed and let it go. If his mother wasn’t used to mysteriously crusty tissues in the trash by now, she wasn’t paying much attention.

Now short on time thanks to all the cleanup, John hastily took care of the rest of his morning routine. He found that he could simply equip his school uniform and place all his belongings in his inventory. Pulling them out was just as easy, but he decided to bring his bag along regardless. Probably not a good idea to magically pull textbooks out of thin air. Plus, it saved inventory space.

“Morning, Mom,” John greeted his mother with a light one-armed hug, already reaching for bread to toast. Curious, he Observed her.

-
Brenda Newman
Level 5 Mom
[MILF]
-

Seriously? His mother’s class was Mom? And she was higher level than him? AND her title was MILF!? Okay, sure, she looked at least 10 years younger than her age and, yes, she had the figure of a model. John couldn’t deny that she had giant tits, or that she had plump and pouty lips, or…

Oh God, this is how everyone sees my mother, isn’t it?

Brenda met his incredulous look with concern.

“Good morning. Are you okay?” she asked, reaching for her son’s forehead. John waved it off.

“I’m fine, I just… remembered the dream I had last night, I guess. Something about… bears? I dunno,” John lied through his teeth.

“If you say so.” His mother sighed. “Just hurry up and eat quick or you’ll miss your bus. I don’t have time to drive you to school today if you do.”

“Why?” John asked between stuffing a whole slice of toast in his mouth. “Got a hot date?”

“Very funny.” His mother cocked her hips. “I’d be a terrible adulterer if I did, your father will be back home tonight. I have to be across town for work today, but we’ll both be here for dinner.”

“Oh, cool!” John stood and cleaned up his meager breakfast. His father was constantly away in South Korea negotiating business for his company. In the age of video calls, stuffy old corporate types still insisted on meeting face to face for all the important conversations. John’s father was an asset, both bilingual and an exceptional negotiator, but that also meant it was always him who had to head abroad. It bothered John to see his father so infrequently, but to tell the truth, it bothered him more that he didn’t inherit one shred of his dad’s natural charisma.

“How long is he back for this time? Two, three days?”

“Ha. Ha. Quit being fresh and get going already!” Brenda scolded, but she was wearing a bright smile as she did.

-
<Quest Complete!>
Get Ready for School

+30 exp
-

The window caught John by surprise. More than that, he worried what his mother would say if she saw the mysterious floating window. She didn’t. Even looking right at her son, Brenda didn’t react in any way to the pop-up. John swatted it to the side in a way he hoped looked natural.

“Yeah, I’m going, I’m going!” John called as he headed out the door. “Bye Mom!”

-
<New Quest!>
Loser No More
Don’t get beat up at school.

+100 exp
+$50
+The Respect of Your Peers

<ACCEPT/REFUSE>
-

John tapped accept while he made his way to the bus stop. Maybe he’d have had trouble clearing this quest yesterday, but today he never felt better. The Game began today, and there wasn’t a game around he couldn’t beat.


The bus was an upgrade from the clanking tin cans with plastic seats that John rode to high school, but that was a low bar to hurdle. He clambered in with a handful of others and Observed his best friend next to an empty seat.

-
Liam Suffield
Level 2 Nerd
[The Gamer’s Best Friend]
-

His one and only geeky confidant, Liam. His scruffy blonde friend wasn’t skinny like John, but he was significantly shorter, enough so that the two probably weighed about the same. Freckled and bespectacled, Liam was a pocket protector and bowtie away from a stereotypical nerd. He and John had only met last year, but Ashcroft Academy’s scrawniest, palest nerds quickly forged a bond of mutual trust and appreciation.

For the moment though, the only important thing to John was that he wasn’t the lowest level guy at school.

Yes! I don't totally suck! Sorry, Liam.

“You look cheerful today,” Liam said by way of greeting.

John had a moment of indecision. If there was anyone on earth he could tell about the new system that had been installed in his life, it would be Liam. On the other hand, Liam couldn’t keep a secret to save his life. It wasn’t that Liam liked to gossip, he was even meeker than John, it was that he seemed completely incapable of lying. John figured maybe it would be best to play this one close to the chest.

At least until he figured out if he could Save and Reload.

“I beat the Dark Souls 3 DLC boss last night,” John said with no lack of pride. His statement was true, even if it wasn’t the cause of his good mood.

-
<Achievement Unlocked!>
Loose Lips Sink Ships!
You didn’t immediately tell someone else about your weird new life.

+$1
+1 END
+1 INT
+1 WIS
I don’t have to kill you, hooray!
-

John was already getting accustomed to the surprise pop-ups, so while he didn’t react outwardly to the sudden Achievement window, he did have to swallow the lump in his throat that formed as he read the last ‘reward.’ For starters, apparently someone or something was behind these quests and achievements. Secondly, they would him if he told anybody. Fuck.

“Already? How? I gave up after two hours of banging my head against the wall.” Liam snapped John back to reality as the window faded. “Wait, you didn’t use your mage character, did you?”

“So what if I did?” John said. He could already feel the oncoming judgement.

“Everybody knows that Magic is OP!” Liam shouted, turning a few heads. “It’s like bringing a gun to a knife fight!”

“Magic is not OP!” John crossed his arms. “You have to hit with spells just like every other attack.”

“Oh yeah, reeeaaal hard.” Liam rolled his eyes. “Gotta make sure those homing projectiles don’t miss. Really gotta watch those hitboxes if-” Liam was cut off by a heavy impact on the seat in front of them.

“Would you two faggots SHUT UP?” shouted a deep voice. It belonged to Frank, half climbing over the back of his seat to threaten John and Liam. “I’m trying to have a conversation with my girl here.”

Both of them shrunk in their seats without a word. Smug at their defeat, Frank descended back into his. He and his girlfriend resumed whatever inane conversation they were having, but not before John caught her glare from the gap between the seats. John fumed, held back only by the quest he had to avoid getting beaten up.

Or so he’d like to believe. Truth was, John couldn’t stand up to Frank on the best of days. As the star quarterback of Ashcroft Academy, Frank Dickinson dominated the social scene. He was muscular, handsome, popular, and (as he liked to constantly remind everyone) fucking the hottest girl in school with his 9 inch dick. The fact that Frank was dumb as a stump did nothing to impede his steady climb to the top of the social ladder. The ever-important prestige of the school’s football team was too important to jeopardize by Frank’s inability to read more than two sentences without getting a headache. Some teachers bent over backwards to ensure his passing grades.

Liam turned to John, apologetic, and they shared a sigh of resignation. Without anything else to do, John decided to Observe the rest of his classmates for the rest of the ride in silence.

-
<Skill Level Up!>
Observe Lv. 3
Relationship Meter Unlocked.
-

The results of John’s spying taught him a few things. Thankfully, the levels of the other students tended to be between 2 and 4 and their classes were likewise unimpressive. A Level 3 Goth here, a Level 2 Stoner there, and a handful Jocks and Preps. A few of them even had Titles like [Skank] or [Poser] that John to stifle a laugh. More importantly, however, was the new entry below each name that the recent level he gained in Observe introduced, RP. It was a numerical value and it was in the negatives for pretty much every person on the bus, barring Liam and the driver.

That can’t be good...

On a hunch, John tapped and held his finger on one of them while Liam was listlessly staring out the window. His instincts were rewarded with a tooltip.

-
Reputation Points (RP)
A numerical representation of the target’s opinion of the user, from -200 to +200.

Reading further was a basic breakdown of the scale by milestone.

-200: This person absolutely abhors you, the very sight of you can ruin this person’s entire day. They will actively seek to thwart you in everything you do. This hatred extends to anyone friendly with you, as they are automatically tainted by their association with you, the worst person in the universe.

-150: This person despises you. To them, everything you do is annoying at best. They are likely to actively antagonize you and enjoy seeing you suffer.

-100: You suck. This person hates you. You have no positive traits they value and there is nothing worth spending time around you for. If they do not deliberately try to drive you off, they will avoid you as much as possible.

-50: This person finds you distasteful. They might be polite out of social obligation or feel that you have some uses that warrant keeping you around, but they would by no means invite you out to dinner.

0: This person either does not know you exist or you have failed to make an impact on them.

+50: You’re good in this person’s book. If this person doesn’t think you are an overall good person, they at least find you amusing or attractive in some way.

+100: This person cares about you. They consider you a friend and someone whom they can trust. If you meet their sexual orientation and are seen as a prospective partner, they may have a crush on you.

+150: You are loved. Whether romantic or platonic, you are significant enough to this person that seeing you happy makes them happy. They will stand by you through all but the worst of situations.

+200: You have this person’s complete and unconditional love; there is nothing they would not do for you. You are the most important person in this person’s life; their heart belongs to you and you alone.
-

Well, that’s useful. So why the hell does every girl on this damn bus have me at -50?

John had an idea he hoped was wrong. He could test it by checking on the last two people on the bus he hadn’t used the skill on yet, despite how much he didn’t want to. Reluctantly, he used Observe two more times.

-
Frank Dickinson
Level 7 Quarterback
[Vanessa’s Toy]
RP: -157
-
Vanessa Hawthorne
Level 9 Bitch
[Daddy’s Princess]
RP: -193
-

What. The. FUCK!? -193? Vanessa really hates me that much? What the fuck have I ever done to her?

John’s blood boiled. He’d never done anything to anyone, let alone something terrible enough to warrant that level of hate. All he’d ever done was be polite and try to keep out of the way, and yet somehow trouble and disdain always had a way of finding him. Now, thanks to Observe, he knew Vanessa and Frank were the reason why. It wasn’t enough to ruin his life personally, they had to be actively sabotaging his reputation as well. Why? Why him? It didn’t matter, the sheer imbalance between them and his powerlessness to stop it raged inside John.

But he wasn’t powerless anymore. John didn’t know how far his new powers would take him, but he would find out, and he would use them to their fullest extent. John’s days of being a timid doormat were over. Someday, soon, he would make them pay.

-
<New Quest!>
Dethrone the Bitch Queen
Humiliate Vanessa Hawthorne in front of an audience.

+$1,000
+2 CHA
+10% Penis length
+200 EXP

<ACCEPT/REFUSE>
-
<New Quest!>
Strike Down the Philistine
Humiliate Frank Dickinson in front of an audience.

+$50
+3 STR
+10% Penis girth
+200 EXP

<ACCEPT/REFUSE>
-

John smiled and gave silent praise to whatever being had issued these quests. It was nice to know that, for once in his life, someone was in his court. John didn’t even bother to read the rewards before hitting accept.


Classes Begin

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)