More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What are you?

Ghoul

You are a ghoul, one of the lower tier undead in a major dungeon crawl, and this is not the first time you have had this thought.

You can remember dying over 10,000 times since the game first was taken out of alpha close to 15 years ago, and several times in that period you have decided to up your game and fight to WIN, but mostly it hasn't helped much. Sure you have moved up from basic 1st level ghoul to 3rd level and with a class, but that just makes you a 'Special Adversary' leading a roving ghoul pack on the dungeon's 2nd Z-level, you aren't a boss, not even a 'micro-boss', you aren't a 'lord', you don't even have a unique name, and the heroes have gotten about 5000% stronger since the first time this zone loaded. These days they typically are led by clerics with about 20-25 levels, whereas back when they first fought you and you leveled up for the first time you were up against 5th to 7th level characters as the party leaders, and sometimes even 1st level heroes playing back up, which was how you got that first level, cutting around the flank and attacking a few level 1 noobs: once they are paralyzed it's easy enough to coup-de-grace.

Stalking the halls with your 1st level brethren you pull up your character screen and see...

What class are you?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)