More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by NeedAMedic NeedAMedic

What mission should they embark upon?

Episode 4: Unraveling the Secret of an Ancient Maze

"His Majesty wishes you the best," Kellissendra said. The mysterious young woman whom the Bravos had only just began to get to know stood before them, resplendent as ever in an elegant green dress. "I wish to offer commendation for your acts of great heroism and bravery within the great swamp. Know too, that while you have been off on your mission, the King's other servants have not been idle!"

"From our investigations into incidents around the nation, our mages have detected a bizarre magical energy signature woven into the lust inducing spells and artifacts that seem to be the root of this trouble," she continued. "It is unlike any common magical signature we might recognize from regular studies, and is actually rather troublesome to investigate, as any that spend too long scouring it seem to be driven mad with sexual need."

She paused at this, frowning likely at the memories of friends lost to this apparent madness. After a moment, the curt professionalism returned. "Regardless, the reason you have been summoned is due to a recently discovered commonality in the energy signature held by these enchantments and an energy which emanates from a series of ancient ruins far off within the frozen north. We would ask that you travel there and discover what is causing this bizarre signal, bringing back any information or artifacts you can."

Kellissendra waved her hand, and on cue a side door opened. Two servants lead in a massive woman, clad in heavy plate armor and with a massive sword strapped to her back, easily larger than Becky herself. What was most striking about her, however, was her left arm, or rather, the lack thereof. Where her limb should have been, instead was a writhing, wriggling mass of blackness, endless shades of inky shadow constantly twisting against itself.

"This is Kiera," Kellissendra said, and the bulky woman nodded in acknowledgement. "She will serve as your guide throughout your journey as she is the only person known to have walked its treacherous halls and have returned alive. As always, I am ever at your service should you have need of me. And-- I wish you the best of luck"

With Kellissendra's speech finished and their new companion in tow, the Bravos set out. It would be a long journey from the capitol to their eventually destination deep in the in the frosted lands, but with Skye's harp and Robin's goofiness, the time was at least certain to pass quickly

How do the Bravos make their arrival?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)