More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by rumppumper rumppumper

What's next?

Driving to the cabin

Turns out it is almost a two hour drive to reach the cabin from the airport. The first hour we spend driving through the desert, and it is unbearably hot so Millie has the windows rolled up and the air conditioner on, but once we turn off the highway and up into the mountains the air starts feeling fresher, so she turns off the a/c and opens the sun-roof.

It is a quite pleasant drive through the mountains actually. The road is progressively getting more and more narrow as we drive, but the mountains are beautiful, and we stop at a few viewpoints to enjoy the scenery, and when there aren't any mountains to watch, I look at Millie's "twin peaks" through the corner of my eye.

This twin peaks joke makes me smile to myself, and Millie notices and asks:

"You seem happy."

"Yes, just enjoying the views of the big mountains and the valley between them." I reply, thinking that I am the master of sexual innuendo and if I get bored of college when I start next year, I could pursue a career in stand-up comedy.

With the exception of my great efforts at comedy, it is mainly Millie that does the talking, she is also divorced, but unlike my dad has only been married once. She has two daughters in college, Ashley who is a freshman, and Alexis who is a junior. Millie used to work for American Airlines, but when she married my dad he told her to give up work and "relax" and it looks like she also frequents the gym a lot lately as she is in amazing shape.

After quite a while of driving, Millie finally turns down a small dirt road, and the cabin is at the end of this small but quite long drive-way, surrounded by trees and with a view over the valley below.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)