More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ben Rosewood Ben Rosewood

Who is it and what does she want?

Deputy Evelyn, in need of some repairs

Author's Note: Just putting a warning here that this thread not only contains plenty of smut ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), but also deals with themes such as suicide. , and mental health that some might find uncomfortable.

"Hey, Spencer." Evelyn Malone called out. Spencer turned to the Amazonian deputy as she ran towards him as if she was in hot pursuit, juxtaposed to the amber eyes that carried heavy bags and brown hair that had been quickly tamed into a messy bun.

"Evelyn? What's the matter?"

"Sorry, I'm a little short on time. Anyway, would you be able to help me out?"

"Well, what do you need?"

"Some of my floorboards have come loose in my place, and well, the boys are going to be at their dad's place this weekend. I was wondering if you'd be able to pop in. I'd do it myself, but between my work with the Sheriff's Department and security. I can pay you too."

"Sure, I can do it." Spencer said, noting how frantic Evelyn sounded. Not only did she look like a mess, but she acted like one too. Then again, between her two jobs, two kids, and maintaining her athletic build, she probably was a mess.

"Thank you so much Spence. I really appreciate it."

"Of course. Anything I can do to help."

"Well, I gotta go Spencer."

"Sure, see you on the weekend."

Whilst Evelyn left in a hurry, she gave Spencer enough time to realize that he may come to regret the words 'Anything I can do to help'. Back home, he decided that there was no time like the present to get prepared. He made sure his tools were ready and gathered up what spare wood and nails he had, just in case they would fit the bill.

The rest of his day would prove to be rather relaxing, with Spencer taking care of his latest freelance assignment. He found comfort in the fact he wasn't working near 24/7 like Evelyn seemed to be. Those days were long gone, and the only thing he missed was his wife Kirstin.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)