More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by nightcat nightcat

Creation of Avatar (name, occupation, race);Army(race, faction);World of choosing

Daniel Peterson, Princess, Human; Beastwomen, Japan; Parallel universe.

You died.

And apparently you get to re-spawn in a world of your choosing, with an army of your choosing as whoever you want. On top of that, your virtue in life gave you a lot of karma points to spend in customization screens. Before finalizing anything you think about who you were and who you want to become and choose your army and world around that.

You were Danielle Peterson a 42 year old, bisexual, Irish women. You were a good christian, or at least you always hoped you were as you tried your best. In all your life you only had three lovers, two female, one male, all of whom eventually left you. You were very curious sexually but never actually tried anything special. You were also a bit of a nerd, loving manga/anime/marvel/dc and being fascinated with part human part animal creatures like centaurs, harpies and mermaids. You soon figured out that your new life would act like an rts game to you and you were admittedly good at those, so you decided to spend a lot of points on customizing your world and avatar, knowing you were capable of upgrading your army along the way.

When you finally start customising you decide to make your body male in your new world, along with the minimal change in name that required. you made your new body 6 feet tall, with muscles like a serious martial artist but not the obscene ones of a weight-lifter. You gave your character a few helpful traits to start with:

  1. natural born leader lv2: orders issued by this character are 15% more likely be a success or a critical success.
  2. Talented lv3: gain 15% more experience.
  3. convincing lv1: makes other character's more likely to accept your idea's. less effectively on enemy and more effective on allied characters.
  4. calm mind lvl2: Surprises rarely break your calm mind.

You even gave your avatar a unique origin story: he was found as a young boy by a retainer to the Japanese princess, who adopted him when she found out he was one of the few remaining human males. To dissuade kidnappings she had him pretend to be a girl. only the princess and her retainers trained you know your true gender. As this origin has negative as well as positive aspects it didn't cost a lot of points. Your avatar had cost more points than you hoped but you're too pleased with the result to change it.

Now for your new world: You decide on this world with a big change in history. During the cold war a strange disease spread. At first the USA and USSR blamed each other for it, then turned on themselves before erupting into chaos, setting the world back in time technologically. Most regions are set back to the level of technology the ancient Romans had, and knowledge of how to use the modern artifacts that remained soon became rare. Europe Is back to how it was in the time of the Romans with an empire and some tribes populating it, North America is littered with clans of varying sizes while the south is inhabited by two empires and a handful of nomadic tribes. Russia, India and most middle-eastern countries have isolated themselves, while Africa has never fared better. After the chaos died down Africa became a society of many tribes that are mostly neutral to each other. Asian countries like China and japan recovered faster than the rest due to the strict moral and social rules embedded in their culture, though these became less strict and many details of their customs changed.

The disease mutated humans into human-animal hybrids but while nearly all women survived the transformation, only 10% of the male population survived the mutation. There were also a few people that didn't mutate, but this was less than one percent of the population and became even less over time, as a child born between human and mutant was usually a mutant. After the initial chaos settled most people eventually accepted their fate as mutants. For most people the animal they are a hybrid with represents a part of their personality, but not all of it and judging someone by their tail is looked down upon.

Now to recruit followers.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)