More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by gene.sis gene.sis

Choose the next chapter:

Create/Edit a story

You can create a new story by choosing + New Story from the dropdown menu at the top right corner.

  1. Adding a story cover (optional)
    Click on the book symbol to add a story cover picture to your story.
    The story cover picture will be shown at the top of the story's first chapter and as part of the story summary on different pages.
    It is optional, though a good and fitting cover picture can attract more readers.
    If you want to delete a story cover picture later, you can do this by clicking on the existing story cover picture.
  2. Story title and description
    A. Title (required): The name of your story
    B. Subtitle (required): The subtitle of your story (appears as part of the story summary)
    C. Synopsis (required): You can give a short overview of your story (appears at the "About"-section of the sidebar)
    D. Writer Guidelines (optional): If a user tries to "Add a new chapter", they can see the Writer Guidelines at the "Guidelines"-section of the sidebar. You can tell potential writers the direction, you want your story to follow, the themes/fetishes you prefer or dislike for your story, and so on.
  3. POV
    You can choose the point of view your story uses.
    A. 1st Person: The story is told from the narrator's point of view. (using pronouns "I" and "we")
    B. 2nd Person: The story is told from the reader's point of view - adventure book style. (using pronoun "you")
    C. 3rd Person: The story is told from an uninvolved observer's point of view (using pronouns "he", "she", "it", "they", or names)
    You can find further information here.
    The POV can be used as a search filter.
  4. Gender
    You can choose the gender of your protagonist.
    A. Female: self-explanatory
    B. Male: self-explanatory
    C. Both: you can choose "Both" if the gender can change in the course of the story or if a 3rd person story involves protagonists of both genders. You can also choose it if neither "Female" nor "Male" fits your protagonist.
  5. Story Mode
    You can choose from different story modes to control contributions from other users.
    A. Public: Every user can add chapters. They become immediately part of your story.
    B. Moderated: Every user can add chapters. Approve them and they will become part of your story. Use this option, if you want to proofread the contribution or check if it follows your writer guidelines.
    C. Private: Only you and trusted users can add chapters. You decide who trusted users are. (see 10. User Roles for further information)
  6. Category
    Choose the category of your story.
  7. Language
    Choose the language your story is written in.
  8. Immersion
    You can use variables for customizable character details.
    To use this feature, check "Readers can enter details about the main character".
    A. Variable: The variable (including the braces) can be used in chapters and will be replaced by the user-defined value.
    B. Description: Coauthors can see the available variables in the "Variables"-section on the "Add a new chapter" page, so you should use an unambiguous description.
    C. Default Value: The default value will be used if a reader doesn't specify an own value in the "Customize"-section of the sidebar.
    You can click on the "+" button to add another row.
    You can click on a "-" button to remove the specific row.
    For further information see here.
  9. Conditional Branches (Game Mode)
    You can use variables and conditions to change the outcome of the story, depending on the reader's choices.
    To use this feature, check "Chapters can have conditions".
    If you check the option "Show inaccessible chapters" a reader with active Game Mode can see chapters which they can't access due to their current Score and the Answer Chapter's Conditions.
    For further information and usage see here.
  10. User Roles
    You can assign User Roles to specific users.
    A. Username: Type the username and confirm with the "Enter" key. (You can also choose from the list of usernames, which opens after typing the first letters.) Be sure that the user picture or icon is shown in front of the username.
    B. User Role: Choose a User Role

    • Owner: Somebody who has access to all the administration features.
    • Editor: Somebody who can publish and manage all chapters.
    • Author: Somebody who can publish and manage their own chapters.

    C. Click on the "+" button to assign the role (the username with the assigned role will be shown as a separate line)
    You can remove assigned user roles by clicking the "-" button at the end of the specific line.

  11. Write your first chapter
    Click on the "Continue" button and write your first chapter.
    See Add a Chapter/Edit Chapter.
  12. Publish or Save as Draft
    When you are finished your first chapter, you can either publish your story or save it as draft.
    A. Publish: After clicking on "Publish", your story must be approved by a moderator. This usually happens within 24 hours.
    B. Save as draft: You can also save your story as a draft and come back later to edit the story or to add more chapters before publishing. If you publish the story, all other draft chapters will be published as well.
    There is no expiry date for your drafts. Your drafts won't be deleted.
    C. Go back: Clicking on "Go back" leads you back to the story options.

After a story is created, you can still edit all story details on the Edit Story page.
A. Choose My Stories from the dropdown menu at the top right corner.
B. Find the story you want to edit.
C. Click on the vertical ellipsis beside the story.
D. Choose "Edit Story" from the dropdown menu.
E. Edit the story.
F. Save your changes.

_

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)