More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Shandy Shandy

Who are you?

Brian Watts, 25 year old teacher

The cab lets you out in front of the impressive grey stone facade of Pink Rose Academy. You pay the driver and recover your suitcase from the trunk before heading up the stairs to the massive double doors.

From the top of the steps you take a moment to survey the building and grounds. Immaculately kept, the place looks every bit the prestigious school it's reputation claims. You take a deep breath, wondering at your good fortune in landing this as your first full time teaching job.

You had gone to college on a baseball scholarship, confidently believing that a professional career was in your future. So confident that you barely bothered to study, getting by with help from "tutors" and compliant professors who turned a blind eye to your lack of work effort. You graduated with degree, but you really learn anything except how to play shortstop, and you celebrated when you were drafted in the second round by a major league team. Assigned to a team in the low minors you were confident that you would soon move up, and be in the show within three years at the most.

But something happened. You couldn't hit professional pitching. You'd been a solid contact hitter in college, with decent if not spectacular power, but professional pitching, even in the minors, was a mystery to you. After two years of watching you struggle, the major league team gave you your outright release, and when no other club picked you up, you found yourself out of baseball and with no idea what to do with the rest of your life.

On the advice of your last manager in baseball, you returned to college, taking a teaching certificate and working your ass off to get it. Suddenly the work effort that you had previously only put into your athletic career was channelled into your academics, and you graduated near the top of your class with a degree and a teaching certificate.

Applying for every job you could find, you were interviewed by Pink Rose Academy and offered a job on the spot, with the proviso that you would also coach their softball team. You happily accepted, looking forward to a new career, and excited to take on the challenge. You take a last look around and pull open the door to the school.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)