More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 5 by TheDespaxas TheDespaxas

John got out and went to his first class of the day.

Boring literature, zen and girl watching. [TheDespaxas]

His literature class with Mrs. Flung was the epitome of boredom. The 60 year old teacher rambled for hours on the various stylistic elements of old books. John was smart enough and had a good enough memory to get a perfect grade in this class but the lessons themselves were an hour he usually reserved to ogling the sexy girls in his class.

He used Observe on the few girls who weren't on the bus with him. The girl he had the best relationship with was Anna Klein and he was at - 20. Vanessa was at - 120, Frank was at - 178. He would have to be careful about that, this reputation system was not only based on sexual attraction and having his bully at such a low score didn't bode well for his future.

There was a boy sitting in the seat in front of him and he didn't want to waste mana to steal from him.

His rogue skill was cool and the Observe was useful but he wished he had other mage skills or spells he could use at long range.

He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the croaking voice of his teacher. He was brought back to minding the class after a few minutes. The now familiar ping of a pop-up opening had just ringed.

New skill: Meditation.
Meditation: stay motionless with your eyes closed and empty your mind. Nothing else can be done while meditating.
Gain:
Hp regen x2
Mp regen x3
Increased chance to discover new magic skill

This was not what he wanted but it would be really nice to have that. Especially the chance to get new skills, he would be able to fill some wasted time by refilling his mana bar and getting new skills.

He spent the next 15 minutes in meditation, he wanted to combine this buff with the one from his breakfast that would soon run out. His normal mana regen was only 0.25 mp/min the two buffs combined put it at 1.5mp/min. The short break got him back to 47/60mp but he did not discover a new skill.

For the last part of this boring rambling he opened his character sheet and messed around. He was extra careful not to accidentally unequip his clothes; this was the last thing he needed.

There was a new page named reputation. It listed the last known lvl of relationships he had with everyone he used Observe on. He also had a list of groups, cliques from school, teachers, family, law enforcement etc... Not guilds or factions but as close as could be done in the real world.

He was not really popular with most of those, only the teachers, his family and the law had a good score. If he wanted to get himself a girlfriend he would have to find a way to improve his score with everyone.

He still lacked an active magic skill he could practice with and the necessity to touch to activate Theft was bothering but he realized he should be patient. He got these powers this morning, he had all day to test them and then the night to explore more about them. If what he read was true he would grow in power with time and practice.

The bell rang and brought salvation to a class which was on the cusp of contemplating suicide as a way to get away from this lesson.

John got out and in the hallway continued to use Observe on as many students as he could. Once he had this skill on a higher level he would probably get more useful information on people.

Des#5_CharacterSheet

Hallway drama.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)