More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 24 by Dark_Ness Dark_Ness

To the party

At the party

Bill leads you into the party, and the number of people is staggering. You couldn't imagine that many people worked in one place before tonight. Even accounting for guests of employees...

Bill leads you around, you clinging to his arm, and after a few minutes someone approaches.

"Bill, good to see you!" the man says. He has grey hair and a beard.

"Mr. Walsh. A pleasure." Bill said.

"And who is this lovely young lady?" Mr. Walsh asked.

"This is Jane." Bill said.

"You dog!" Mr. Walsh said. "Lucky man. A pleasure, Jane." He reached down and took your hand, kissing the back of it. You a smile, your face turning a bit red.

"Thank you, sir."

Bill and Mr. Walsh chat for a few moments, then the man leaves. You continue clinging to Bill as he walks through the party. You catch judgemental looks from the women, jealous looks from the men, and all the while Bill seems oblivious. As he chats with people, you catch him trying to include you as much as possible, which you appreciate.

You also notice, as the night goes on, how handsome he is. You figure that it must be the magic, curse, or whatever it is, making you feel that way.

Ultimately, you tune most of the evening out and just take a few drinks (Apparently everyone takes for granted that you're over 21) and some snacks. Finally, the night ends and Bill leads you out of the building.

"Well, I suppose I should get you home." Bill says. "Need to call for a ride."

"But we drove here." you say, feeling the slight buzz in your head from the drinks.

"I had a few drinks, and don't feel comfortable driving. Normally I'd get a hotel and drive home in the morning, but we can't do that."

You bite your lip, tasting the lip stick on it. "We could, though..." you say.

Bill looks toward you, his phone in hand. "What?"

You pause. This is your chance to back out if you want to...

Do you back out, or double down?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)