More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by enthusiast enthusiast

What's next?

At The Trade Fair

Debbi's company were branching out into the lucrative gaming market with their software apps. They had taken a stand at a major gaming trade fair and it was deemed to be a vital step on the way to gaining a foothold with potential partners and customers. Debbi's boss Jeff had tasked her and her team with staffing and running the stand, though he would be present himself from time to time when he could get down there. Debbi would be in charge of the stand and engage with any movers and shakers who were attracted to it. Carol, her 35 year old assistant, was to be the odd job girl. Simon and Stew, two 20 year old coders, would be on hand to contribute any geek speak that might be necessary. Debbi had attended several trade fairs and knew that a pretty promotions girl always helped things along, so she had contacted an agency and hired an experienced girl. She told them it would be a tasteful business affair and so a short skirt and crisp blouse would suffice.

Unfortunately for Debbi, her experience of mainstream industry trade fairs had not been good preparation for encountering a bunch of gamers. On arrival, Debbi was astounded by the explosions of garish colour, flashing lights, beeps and buzzes, face painting demonstrations and deafening product displays. Their business like stand in comparison looked like it might have been put together by the Salvation Army ! The agency girl Nicky was a very pretty blonde with good legs but as far as being an attraction for passing trade was concerned , she was competing against any number of Wonder Women, Warrior Princesses, Star Trek honeys and so forth. Up against which, her relatively modest mini skirt did not cut it. You could sense the tumbleweed blowing through the stand as the five of them stood idly twiddling their thumbs. "We've been out bimbo'd" said Carol. "Looks like it" agreed Debbi sadly.

When Jeff arrived, he was furious. Debbi took the brunt of his displeasure. "This is a fiasco. We have zero sales leads. Do you know how much this spot is costing the company ? I blame you Debbi. We'd better have more footfall in here tomorrow or I'm holding you personally responsible." Carol, Simon and Stew smirked. Debbi was at a loss what to do. This was outside her usual business experience and indeed her work experience in general, which so far in her career had all been plain sailing. She did not know how to deal with this potentially very serious setback. She asked everyone to get there early the next morning so they could try to brainstorm a solution.

Everyone was there the next day an hour before opening. Everyone except Nicky the promotions girl. Debbi's big plan was going to have been to get her into a more enticing costume but the apologetic message from the agency stated that Nicky had found the prospect of an audition for a prestigious pop music video too enticing to turn down. Jeff had arrived and was even angrier at the lack of progress and how, if anything, the the situation had got even worse with Nicky's defection. "You'd better come up with something fast" he told Debbi ominously. " I want this stand packed with punters by the time I come back later this morning or else." Debbi was in a panic but meanwhile, Carol had strolled along the avenue of stands to where the guy had been doing the face painting demonstrations yesterday. "I don't suppose you also do nude full body painting do you ?" she enquired.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)