More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by sean_d2345 sean_d2345

Who comes with Allison?

Ashley

Allison was excited. Not only had a friend offered to drive with her to the convention. It was her best friend in the entire world Ashley. Ashley and Allison had been friends since grade school and had only gotten closer since high school ended. They stayed over at each other's houses all the time. They studied together. They even went to prom together so that boys wouldn’t bother them much. The two girls had danced so much that night. Although it was a bit odd at the end of the night when her brunette friend gave Allison a quick peck on the lips. The brunette had said it was the customary thing to do for her date and they laughed it off. Allison finished her prepping for the con and couldn’t wait till 7:30pm.

The next day was the memorial service for her Aunt Mary. It was a very somber affair with many grim faces and few people crying. Oddly enough, the somber girl did not cry during the memorial. Maybe she had gotten it all out the day Aunt Mary died? She wasn’t sure but right now all the geeky girl could think of was getting out of there and getting on with her trip.

Allison was watching some silly YouTube video while she was waiting for Ashley to arrive. Something mindless to keep her occupied until Ashley arrived. It felt like agony before she finally heard the doorbell. The excited blonde lept to her feet and answered.

“Hey girl. I hear you need saving!”Ashley said in her best manly voice.

“Thank goodness you’re here. My hero.” laughed Allison as she gave her best friend a hug.

“Always ready to help a damsel in distress” laughed Ashley

This was just what she needed. Both girls laughed and started to take Allison’s stuff to her car so they could leave. Some quality time with her best friend. Just what the doctor ordered.

Right around 8pm, they were off. Traffic was light, and the conversation flowed easily. The pair talked about animes they were watching, work, and finally they landed on the topic of boys.

“You really should.” said her best friend

“No way. I am not going out with your brother.” said Allison

“Come on! He’s really nice and he’d be sweet to you. Just think, we could go on a double date.” was the reply

“Oh, that is the last thing I want to do. I mean, you’d be decent company but your brother AND David! Talk about a yuck sandwich.” Allison replied

“Well if the boys get too rowdy, we could always have our own little date.”

“Hey at least with you, I won’t have to worry about someone trying to get into my pants the whole night.” said Allison

“Hey you never know. I might try.” Her best friend laughed but it made Allison wonder for a second. That second was quickly broken by her best friend asking if Allison wanted a break. Allison looked for the next exit. That’s when her heart sank. The next exit was familiar.

This was the exit she always took to get to her Aunt Mary’s. She chose to live a little bit outside of the city, so she could enjoy the quietness of the country but still be close enough to her family that she could be reached without driving hours. That is when Allison felt something wet on her cheek. They were tears. She was crying. Aunt Mary was gone, and the pain of that loss was hitting her now more than ever. Allison would never again get to see her Aunt Mary. She started to cry more.

You're coming up on Aunt Mary's Exit

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)