More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Torg Torg

What's next?

Arrive in St. Louis

As you approach St. Louis, the first thing you see is the brand new Gateway Arch. You heard about it and watched it being built on TV, but this is the first time you've seen it in person. It is a truly amazing site to see this graceful arch against the clear sky.

When you ask to see the Arch up close, Bill drives you past it, which is surrounded by a large construction zone. The visitor center is mostly complete, but the interior is still being worked on and the landscaping hasn't started. You get a pain in your neck from looking up out the window. Bill stops and the two of you get out to look.

Bill says, "That is an impressive sight. They finished a year and a half ago, but the underground visitor center took a long time."

"Wow!" is all you can manage for several minutes.

"They say when they open that you can ride a car up to the top and look out. It's an engineering marvel," Bill continues.

"I want to do that someday," you reply, somewhat recovered.

"I can't rubberneck too long, if you want to get out to the highway again. Or do you want to walk around town today? You been to St. Louis before?"

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)